Chapter 3: Learning to play baseball, meeting the gang

The next morning, Sora and his friends are in the forest by their ship. Kai and his friends are teaching them how to play baseball. Kai is pitching the ball. Riku has a baseball bat to hit it with. Everyone are in positions. 

Kai: Alright, Riku. Remember, when the ball comes at you, you've gotta swing the bat in order to hit the ball. 

Riku: Alright.

Kai: Ok. Ready? 

Kai aims, and then he throws the ball at Riku. Riku takes a breath, and swings. He hits the ball for the first time, and it goes over Kai. He turns around, and watches as Jaune runs to catch it. He almost catches it, but he slams into the ship, hurting himself, and missing the ball. Everyone flinches and groan. 

Nora: Jaune, are you okay?

Jaune: (Groaning) Yeah. Jeez. 

Ren: Just keep trying, man. 

Donald: First pitch of the game. Riku hits the ball for the first time, but Jaune gets an error on the catch. 

Sae: Donald, why are you talking like a sport voice when they're talking about the game?

Donald: I just thought I could do that. Because I don't play baseball. Only my nephews do. 

Kai: Good work on the first try, Riku. Now, when you hit the ball, you have to run to the bases. 

Riku nods, and runs to the first base, where Toji is at. Up next is Roxas. He picks up the bat, and readys himself. Jaune picks up the ball, and tosses it back at  Kai throws the ball at him, and he gets one strike as he misses. Momo throws it back at him. Then, he throws it again, and Roxas misses again. 

Donald: Oh, dear. Roxas is having trouble on his first time at bat. He's got two strikes. If he gets another one, he's outta here. 

Momo throws the ball back to Kai, and Roxas takes a deep breath as he watches Kai. Kai then gets ready. 

Donald: Kai takes the sign. Checks the runner at first, and delivers. 

Kai checks Riku at first base, and pitches the ball. Roxas then swings, and hits the ball high in the air. Roxas then runs with Riku as they both run around the bases. Sora runs to catch the ball as it heads down on him. 

Donald: Roxas sends it flying in the center field. Sora is now going for the catch.

Sora runs as fast as he can. Then, he dives down, and catches the ball while sliding on the grass. 

Donald: Whoa! Sora catches the ball while diving for it. A great move for him. And with the catch, Roxas is out.  

Sora smiles as he sees the ball in his grove. He then throws it back to Kai. He catches it, and gives Sora the thumbs up. Kairi cheers for Sora. Ren is now at bat. Kai throws the ball at him, and he swings, and hits it. Ren runs to first base, and goes around as Jaune goes for the catch. 

Nora: Get it, Jaune! Get it!

Jaune: I got it!

Jaune stops, and jumps up. He catches the ball. He lands back down on the ground. He shows them that he caught it.  

Ren: Alright, good catch!

 He throws it back to Kai. He catches it. They practiced for an hour. Then, they decided to take a break. They all walk to Scotty's home to visit him and his family. Later, they've arrived at the neighborhood. They see Scotty's house, and walk towards it. They see that Scotty is outside, sitting on the porch. 

Sora: Hey, Scotty. How's your--Scotty? 

They see that his toy mitt is broken, and he has a black eye. He's also crying. He sees his friends, and looks back down. They walk to him.