Chapter 13: Dreaming about the Babe

Later that night, everyone is in bed, trying to think of a way of how to get Scotty out of this. Sora is sleeping with Kairi in the living room. Scotty is laying in his bed, trying to sleep. 

Older Scotty narrating: I had a dream that night about a giant baseball that was signed by Babe Ruth, falling out of the sky and hammering me into the ground like a railroad spike. I didn't know what that meant, but Benny and Sora had dreams that night too, and theirs were a lot more helpful.

Sora slowly opens his eyes. He looks around, and sees he's still in the living room. But he sees that Kairi isn't with him. He looks around for her, but can't see her anywhere. 

Sora: Kairi?

Just then, the whole room begins to shake. He looks around as stuff around shake too. And then suddenly, he hears a crowd cheering. He then looks at the front door, and sees that someone is coming in. He gets up.

Sora: Who's there?

The door opens, and a man wearing a Yankee uniform and cap is at the door, smoking a cigar. He's holding up a bat. He looks at Sora, who looks at him.

Man: Don't go pee in your pants, kid. I'm just here to give you a hand. 

Sora: Wait. I know you. But aren't you supposed to be--

Man: Dead? Legends never die, kid. You should know that. 

Sora: So you're really him. You're Babe Ruth.

Babe nods at that. Sora couldn't believe it. He's actually meeting a baseball player. One of the greatest ever. 

Sora: This is incredible. My new friends told me and my friends all about you. Your nicknames, your whole life, everything. 

Babe Ruth: Yep. Forget about that stuff, kid. We ain't got much time. I'm here 'cause you're in some kind of a pickle, right?

Sora: Yeah.

Babe Ruth: A baseball with my John Hancock on it went over a fence and you can't get it back, right?

Sora: Yeah, right. I mean, my friends and I tried everything to get it back. Because it belongs to my friend's stepdad. And we wanted to help him. Wait. Do you have an advice for me? Tell me, please.

Babe Ruth: Then just hop over there and get it. 

Sora: Hop over? That's what I was gonna do, but my friends stop me. And to be honest, I can't go into the yard. 

Babe Ruth: I know. Your friend already told me what's back there. A beast that likes a giant dog. And it ate a kid already. 

Sora: Benny? Well, I guess we're both having the same thought. But when I saw that thing, I guess I got too scared. Like everybody. And I'm supposed to be a hero. 

Babe Ruth: Is that a fact? Sit down, kid.

Sora sits down on the chair. Babe Ruth sits down on the chair in front of him. 

Babe Ruth: Let me tell you something, kid. Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either 'cause they're too scared, or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance, along with your friend, and you shouldn't let it go by. Remember when you made your first homer last time? Someone's telling you something, kid, and if I was you, I'd listen. 

Sora: (Nods) Yeah. But what? 

Babe Ruth: (Chuckles) You're the one with the big shoes. Figure it out. 

He gets up, and walks to the front door. He opens it, preparing to leave. 

Sora: Wait. 

He turns back around to look at Sora. 

Sora: So, you're saying that me and Benny should hop over that fence and pickle the beast?

Babe Ruth: Think about that, kid. I'll see you later. 

He walks out of the house, and the door closes. Sora sighs. He then looks at the coverless ball he has with him. He then hears the crowd cheering again. He looks at the front door, and hears the Babe's voice. 

Babe Ruth's voice: Remember, kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong. 

Sora then thinks about what he said to him. He lays down back, and sighs. He closes his eyes, preparing to wake up from his dream. For tomorrow, he and Benny are gonna have a big day fighting against the beast.

Here's the 13th chapter of Kingdom Hearts: The Sandlot. Sora meets the Babe himself in his dream, and he gives him the advice that he gave to Benny. Can Sora and Benny do what he told them to do, and get the ball back from the beast by pickle it? Find out on the next chapter tomorrow. Let me know what you all think of the chapter. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.