Chapter 11: Omen, and Babe Ruth baseball

Two days later, the heroes all wake up, and they eat breakfast. They make sure that Scotty is eating slowly. Then, Mrs. Smalls is helping Bill pack, and load up the car. He is going away on a business trip. Everyone goes outside. Scotty still looks a little sick. Mrs. Smalls looks at them.

Mrs. Smalls: Scotty, I'll be back in an hour. I'm gonna take your dad to the airport. 

Scotty: Oh, ok. 

Mrs. Smalls: (Looks at him) Honey, are you feeling all right? You look kind of pale. 

Scotty: I'm fine, mom.

Mrs. Smalls: You sure?

Scotty: I'm fine, really. 

Mrs. Smalls: Alright. (To heroes) Listen, can one of you watch Johnnie for me while I'm gone?

Namine: I will, Mrs. Smalls. 

Mrs. Smalls: (Smiles) Thank you, dear. (Walks to the passenger door)

Bill: Listen, Scott. (Finishes loading up) While I'm gone, you're the man of the house. Understand? 

Scotty: Ok. Where are you going?

Bill: Chicago. On business for a week. We'll take another stab at catch when I get back, alright?

Scotty: Yeah, I guess so. 

Bill: Ok, take care of things for me. 

Scotty: Ok. 

Bill: Alright?

Scotty: I will. (Shakes Bill's hand) 

Bill: Ok. Be a good boy. 

Scotty: I will.

Bill gets in the car, and he and his wife drive away. Scotty and the heroes go off to meet up with the gang while Namine stays to watch Johnnie in the house. The gang and heroes walk out of Vincent's drug store, having gum, and got a new baseball. They all then head for the Sandlot. 

Older Scotty narrating: A couple of days after we all got over acting like big shots, we swore off the hard stuff forever, and just stuck to Bazooka. The day we all got back together for some baseball was the day I got us into the biggest pickle of all time, and it all started with an omen.

They all arrive at the Sandlot, and begin to play. Everyone gets into their positions. Sora, Jaune, Riku, and Kai are on the field, and the rest of the heroes are watching. Benny is up at bat. He has a serious look on his face. Kenny gets ready as he walks to his position. Benny is warming up as Ham puts his mask on. 

Donald: It's a beautiful day here in the Sandlot. And now, it's time for some baseball. Benny Rodriguez is at bat. Kenny is getting ready to pitch. 

Everyone gets ready as Kenny is now about to pitch. 

Donald: Here comes the pitch. 

Kenny pitches the ball. Benny then swings, and hits the ball hard. The ball makes a whistling noise as it goes up into the air. Everyone looks up, and watches it. But to everyone's shock and surprise, the ball came out of its cover. It lands on the ground by Kenny as Scotty catches coverless ball in his glove. He takes it out, and looks at it. Everyone then runs over to where the cover is. They all gather around it, and look at it. 

Yang: Whoa...

Ren: Oh, man.

Timmy: I don't believe it. 

Bertram: Cool.

Benny: Nah, it ain't. 

Squints: Come on, Benny man. Maybe two or three guys in history ever busted the guts out of a ball. Must be an omen.