Chapter 8: Fourth of July

It is now the 4th of July, meaning that the whole country is gonna be launching fireworks. In Scotty's house, the heroes are all with him, eating dinner with his family. Mrs. Smalls feed Johnnie with a milk bottle. As they eat, someone knocks on the front door. Sora and Scotty walk to it, and they see it's Benny. He has his glove, and bat with him. 

Benny: Let's go. Come on. Get your gloves and come on.

Scotty: What's the big deal?

Benny: Night game. Come on. Come on. 

Sora: Alright. Guys, come on! Benny says we've got a night game!

Scotty: Mom, I'm going out!

The heroes get their gloves. Scotty gets his glove and hat. They all run out of the house, and run with Benny. The gang are all outside, with their families. They're all sitting on picnic tables, eating food and watching the fireworks with other people. They see Benny, Scotty, and the heroes, and they run with them to go to the Sandlot. The fireworks are all whistling as people light them up. Ham comes out of his house, trying to catch up with the others. He stops to get some food. Everyone runs through the neighborhood as the fireworks all light up.

Older Scotty narrating: There was only one night game a year. On the 4th of July, the whole sky would brighten up with fireworks, giving us just enough light for a game. We played our best then because, I guess, we all felt like the big leaguers under the lights of some great stadium. Benny felt like that all the time. Sora felt that way for the first time that night. We all knew he was gonna go on to bigger and better games, because every time we stopped to watch the sky on those nights like regular kids, he was there to call us back. You see, for us, baseball was a game. But for Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, baseball was life.

The gang and heroes make it to the Sandlot. The whole sky is lighten up by the fireworks. Everyone gets into their positions as the rest of the heroes watch. 

Scotty: Ok, Ben!

Jaune: Ok, hit it!

Yeah-Yeah: Yeah, yeah, come on, Benny. Come on. 

Kenny catches the ball as Benny is gets ready to hit. Ham is in position as the catcher. 

Donald: Hello, everyone. Welcome to the night game at the Sandlot. We are now starting off on Benny Rodriguez, who is at bat. Kenny takes the sign. Here comes the pitch. 

Kenny pitches the ball. Benny hits it on the first hit. Everyone watches it go up, but then, they all look at the beautiful sight in the sky as Benny walk around the bases. Everyone looks at the fireworks in the sky, just whistling as they explode in the sky, lighting it up. Ruby and Yang both smile at the sight. Sora and Jaune both look in awe, with the gang. Kai and his friends all smile at this.

Kai: Happy birthday, USA. 

Momo nods at this, and kisses his cheek. As everyone continues watching, Jaune notices the ball rolling on the ground. He runs over to pick it up. He picks it up, and everyone gets back into the game. He throws it back to Kenny. The gang and heroes continue playing as the fireworks continues going off. 

Here's the eighth chapter of Kingdom Hearts: The Sandlot. Sorry it's too short. On the chapter, it's the 4th of July. And it looks like the heroes and gang are having a blast at their baseball days. And now, they're gonna have a big night to remember. Let me know what you all think of the chapter. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.