Chapter 5: The beast

The next morning, the heroes, and Scotty meet up with the gang at the Sandlot. Sora is now at third base, and Jaune is on the left field. Today, they're gonna be on teams. But right now, Ham is at bat, and Benny is the catcher. Riku is on first base, meaning that he hit the ball. 

Ham: Hamilton 'the Babe" Porter. "Long-ball" Porter. Come on, DeNunez. 

Everyone chuckles at his own nicknames. Then, he points up in the air. The gang all laugh and taunt. 

Benny: Yeah, ok. Yes, I see it. Yes. 

Donald: DeNunez takes the sign. Checks the runner at first, and delivers. 

Kenny pitches the ball at Ham. Ham swings, but misses. Everyone laughs at this. 

Benny: Whoa!

Ham: You call that pitching? 

Sora, Kairi, Riku, Kai, and Kenny all laugh. Benny throws the ball back to him. 

Ham: This is baseball, not tennis. 

Squints: Give him a tennis racket. 

Ham: Give me something to hit. 

Kenny: Alright, Ham. This is my heater. I dare you to hit it, like Riku did. 

Ham: You'll be sorry. 

Yang: Give that boy a bigger bat. 

Kenny: You want the heater, I'll give it to you. 

Sae: Hey, give him a basketball. Maybe then he'll hit it. 

Donald: Alright. Ham got strike one. DeNunez goes for it again. Here comes the pitch. 

Kenny then throws the ball at Ham. Then, Ham hits the ball in the air. Everyone watches it fly in the air. Scotty runs to catch it. He runs at the fence, but the ball goes over the fence. Glass breaking is heard after it lands in the backyard. The gang all groan. 

Squints: Oh, man!

Ham: Yeah! That's how you do it. (Runs around the bases with Riku) 

Donald: Wow! And the ball is gone! Ham Porter makes a home run with a man on to get two points. 

The gang all yell at Ham. Scotty and Jaune both look at them while the heroes are wondering why they're yelling. 

Benny: Ham, you idiot. Now we can't play no more. 

Kenny: (Throws his glove at him) Great, you idiot! 

Ham: (Runs around) It was a heater. (Covers himself as the gang hits him with their gloves)

Squints: Stupid idiot! 

Ham: Low and outside. Just like I like it. 

Tommy is hitting him as he runs. Riku makes it to home base, but stops. He looks at Sora, and he shrugs, not knowing why they're so mad. The heroes don't know why they are either. The gang continues chasing Ham as he makes it to home base. Scotty and Jaune look at each other. 

Jaune: Uh, don't they know they can get it?

Scotty: Yeah. (To gang) Wait a sec. We'll get it. 

Ham: 1932 called shot World Series by the Babe. Called shot by the Babe.

Scotty and Jaune put down their gloves, and walk over to the fence. Nora looks, and sees them going to the fence. 

Nora: Guys, you're all making no big deal of it. And look, Scotty and Jaune are going to get it. 

Squints turns around, and he is horrified to see them about to climb over the fence.

Squints: NO!!!