Helping Hand | Chapter 4

I spot a familiar figure standing by the towering house, looking around. Where is she?

"Hello," I greet politely. She turned to see me, then her features relaxed into a gentle smile. Jennie looked so happy seeing me it made me feel something in my chest.

"Hi unnie," she responded in a somewhat shy voice. The dimly lit road made her features look dark, and that wasn't something that I liked. I was so used to seeing her beautiful features in the well-lit office that seeing her out of work felt slightly odd.

I smile in return, "Do you have a curfew?" We walked.

Does she think I'm 14 or what? She scoffed, "I'm an adult Jisoo."

I laugh humourlessly, "I know."

Silence fell upon us as we walked side to side. I could tell she was nervous, and so was I. Something made me feel so nervous that my toes tingled in the cool breeze.

"There's a playground nearby. Maybe we could stay there," she spoke.

I spot the playground she was talking about, and chuckled, "So much for being an adult."

Such a dick. Jennie just rolls her eyes and we approached the playground.

The younger girl sat on the slide while I took a sit on the ground. How do I get this started? God I'm such a hopeless person.

"So how can I help?" I asked, wanting to hear her response to my question.

She chewed on her bottom lip, "That's the thing... I don't know Jisoo..."

I hummed, "You can always try closing your  eyes and focusing on your breathing. That's how I started to get glimpses of my gift."

She tilted her head to the side, and I tried to hear her thoughts, but it was silent until she spoke, "What's your gift?"

Oh, so that was her question. I twisted my lips to the side.

"Oh— I'm sorry," she apologised. Why did you ask her that?

"I'm still surprised you haven't pieced everything together," I stated in a mocking tone. "I thought you were smarter than that."

What? She blinked at me with a confused expression. Am I missing something here?

I sigh jokingly, "You are missing everything here Jennie. You almost got it the last time."

She frowned, "Why can't you just tell me?"

I laugh, "That's no fun."

Such a dick, as always.

"Maybe if you stopped calling me a dick I'll consider telling you."

Jennie gasped exaggeratedly, "Did I really say that out loud?"

I roll my eyes, shaking my head at her ignorance. She can't be so stupid can she?

Then laughter erupted from her. It was one of the first times I've heard her laugh so heartily in my presence, and it made me turn my head to look. Her eyes were curved and her laughter sounded like a beautiful melody that I could definitely get used to. Hearing people laugh makes me feel content, don't read things out of context.

You really think I'm that stupid Jisoo?

I narrowed my eyes at her, "How long have you known?"

I've had my suspicions since Friday. Just wasn't sure if I was right. Seems like I am. Maybe I'm a psychic, or a master at seeing people's gifts. Hmm...