Two Gifts | Chapter 32

"Do you think we're ever gonna get that vacation to Japan to see the Sakura Flowers?" Jennie asked while we're cuddled in bed. She decided to stay with me tonight.

I stroked her hair, "We will baby."

She shifted her head on my chest to face me, "How are you so sure?"

I smiled, "Call it a gut feeling."

She smiled too, "I hope your gut feeling's right." She's so cute when she's smiling. I love her so much.

I kissed her forehead, "I love you too my love."

"Don't intrude!" Jennie exclaimed.

I pouted, "I can't help it!"

Her smile widened and she leaned upwards to kiss me, "I'm kidding. You're so cute, I love you so much."

"I love you more."

She scrunched her nose, "I love you most."

I pinched her nose, "We all know I love you more than you love me."

"No!" she protested. "I've liked you longer than you liked me."

I parted my lips, "That's not true! You and that Park Jae Yeon had something going on!"

She pinched me, "You know it was just to make you jealous! Stop using that against me!" I winced in pain. "Besides, you kissed Yuna."

"For the last time my love, she kissed me. I didn't kiss her!" I exclaimed. "Fun fact, she kissed me while I was thinking of you too."

Jennie made a disgusted face at me, "Ew. That's so mean. I hope you don't think of someone else when you're kissing me."

"Now, why would I do that?" I asked, slightly offended.

"I'm kidding!" Jennie said. Thank God she's kidding.

"Speaking about this, did you know about our soul tie before I told you?" I asked. "Because of your mom and all..."

She nodded sheepishly, "I kinda knew..."

I rose my brows, "How? She's never seen me until we started dating."

"Promise me you won't laugh!"

I scoffed, "Why do I need to?"

"Promise me!" She insisted.

"Okay okay, I promise."

"I told my mom about you, and when we went for night walks, my mom would watch from the window and see us... God this is so embarrassing!"

I couldn't help but laugh, "So you liked me so much huh?"

She pinched me again, "I said don't laugh!"

"Ouch!" I whined. "How are your small, delicate hands so strong!"

"They're strong when you're being mean!"

I poured again, "But I'm not being mean."

"You are," she pushed the corners of my pout upwards.

I held her hand, "I have some thoughts..."

So do I. We all have thoughts dummy.

"That's not what I meant baby..." I exhaled. There are things I need to say.

Say it then.

"I know God was generous enough to give everyone one gift per person... But I think he gave me two. Perhaps by accident, perhaps it was his plan. But I realised that I indeed have two gifts."

She blinked at my statement, "What's your second gift?"

I smile.

"It's you."

-

A week later, I found myself idling time away at home, bored and having nothing to do.

We were close to our annual leave. Mr Kim was kind enough to let the four of us— Lisa, Chaeyoung, Jennie and I have our annual leave together.

I had a few plans in my head, but most importantly... I want to surprise my girlfriend.

She's my priority now.

And it's my job to make her happy.

I have so many things I want to tell her, so many things I want to do with her, so many things I want to buy for her.

This is the least I can do— I want to do more, but maybe it's too soon.

Oh Jennie, I really hope you'll love this.

a/n: this is short, but i promise the next chapter will be longer!!