Carnival Fun | Chapter 22

When we arrived at the carnival, I felt excited.

It was my first time attending a carnival with someone, and I was actually looking forward to this. I'm an adrenaline junkie, and I suppose she'd just make me more of one.

She gripped onto my wrist and started to pull me along before I could even comprehend anything.

I'm so excited!

I am too.

The lights of the different rides lit up the sky, and with the pink skies at sunset, this whole scene was so picturesque. If only Lisa was here to photograph us.

"Let's go to the games booths first!" she exclaimed, turning around to look at me excitedly.

I nodded and followed her along with the grip on my wrist.

She stopped at the booth where you'd use water guns to shoot the balloons, and each time you pop a balloon, you get 5 points.

Jennie turned to me, "You up for a challenge?"

I wriggled my eyebrow, "You're gonna lose."

I paid the game manager for two players and we both started.

I managed to get the first two balloons at the top row, then I manoeuvred the gun downwards to shoot the balloon below.

When the water ran out, I realised I had shot 5 balloons.

I turned to look at her side and laughed at her, "Guess who's the loser?"

Asshole. "Shut up!"

The staff approached me, "Hi, you get to pick a medium sized soft toy, which one would you like?"

I pondered, and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of soft toys, so I nudged her, "Which one do you like?"

Jennie pointed at the Pikachu. How coincidental, I love Pikachu. He's my favourite Pokémon.

"Can I get the Pikachu please?" I asked politely.

The staff retrieved it and handed it to Jennie, "Have fun!"

She hugged the soft toy cutely, just like a small child receiving her gift on Christmas day. But she's just so much cuter.

She's so sweet— Stop! It's getting to me. Nobody's played a game to give me the prize before.

As we were about to leave the booth, I heard a small commotion behind us.

"Babe! Look! Can we play this please?" a girl asked.

Her boyfriend waved her off, "This game's boring honey."

"No! But look! She got a soft toy for her girlfriend, can't you do that for me too?" the girl protested.

Again with these assumptions that we're together, did we really look like a couple?

Jennie backtracked and hooked her arm with mine, "What happened?"

"She thinks we're dating," I say with a shy smile.

This sure seems like a date alright.

"Hmm that's debatable, shall we go?"

I nod and walked along with her, surprisingly allowing her to leave her arm around mine.

I supposed it can keep her by my side without losing her in this crowd. And I wouldn't want anyone hitting on her. That's just... unpleasant.

I pointed to the game booth with the rings and bottles, "I wanna play that."

She turned and led me in the direction of that booth, "Let's go then!"