Surprise | Chapter 33

A few weeks later

"Baby, are you ready?" I asked over the phone, putting on my coat.

Jennie groaned, "Ugh it's so early Jisoo, and you haven't even told me where we're going."

"Quick! We have to hurry up. I'll ask the taxi to drop by your place to pick you up," I said in a hurry.

I really hope she'll enjoy this surprise I planned for her.

I got out of the house quickly before boarding the taxi, then directing him to Jennie's. She stood by her house with just a duffel bag, and I smiled instantly at the sight of her. Her radiant smile when she saw me in the car warmed my heart, and I think it always will. I won't ever fall out of love with her.

Once she got into the car, she placed a soft kiss on my cheek, "Hi baby."

I smile and gave her a quick peck on the lips, "Hi."

The driver started the drive to the airport, but I was too distracted by her holding my hand so tightly in the car to notice anything else around me. There were many butterflies in my stomach to even concentrate on anything else. To think that these butterflies will go away over time... they didn't.

Some say that butterflies with the person you love is never good if it starts getting serious because butterflies usually mean anxiousness, nervousness. I won't say I don't feel nervous around Jennie, because I do. I feel so nervous around her, I feel the need to make her happy, but I don't think butterflies are bad. They say that no butterflies means that you are comfortable enough with them that you don't feel scared; but without butterflies, things would be bland, wouldn't that just mean you don't feel anything around them?

"What're you thinking love?" she asked softly, leaning her head on my shoulder.

I smiled, "Thinking about us." Acting like she can't hear my thoughts right now.

She gave me a reassuring squeeze, "What about us?"

"About what this trip will mean for us," I said tenderly.

Was it too early?

"You won't even tell me where we're going," she pouted.

I pulled out our plane tickets, and showed them to her.

She looked at it for a bit before gasping, "Japan?"

The driver stopped at the airport, and I smiled at her, "Let's go."

"I barely brought anything! You didn't tell me we were headed for Japan!" she chided as we walked to the departure hall hand-in-hand.

"We can always buy clothes and things in Japan Jennie, don't worry about it my love." She pouted again and I smiled at her, "Quit pouting! We have a plane to catch!"

We got on the plane and settled down quickly.

"Why didn't you tell me we were headed for Japan?" Jennie questioned we waited for the plane to take off.

I looked over at her with a small smile, "Surprises are meant to be a secret, no?"

She rolled her eyes and tried to bite back her smile, "Yeah— but you should've told me! At least I would've known what to pack." Like fun things.

A small smirk took over my lips, "What to pack meaning... that big black bag under your bed?"

Jennie's cheeks turned red for a bit, "No— I mean— I'd probably bring some things from there along..."

I rolled my eyes, "You're making it sound like there's nowhere we can buy these things in Japan."

A mischievous smile took over Jennie's lips for a moment, "I have an idea..." You're gonna love this idea.