I love you | Chapter 28

I blinked rapidly. Did she just drop the L-bomb? cHow am I supposed to feel about this?

Oh who am I lying. I loved it. I love her, I'm just... shy to say it. Was it too early?

"Did you just—"

She nodded into my chest, "Is it too early?"

No, not too early. Just... is it because of sex? That's why she said it?

"No..." I answered quietly.

Jennie hugged me tighter, "You don't have to say it if you're not ready." Her breathing soothes me, and with each breath she drew in, I could feel my own lungs expanding as I inhaled.

Am I being a coward again? I knew so well that I loved her so much, but I just couldn't bring myself to say it. Why is that the case?

I placed a small kiss on Jennie's forehead, "Goodnight honey."

She snuggled closer for warmth and I wrapped my hands around her tighter. It felt nice to feel her this close to me— warm skin on mine.

Did I go too far?

I caressed her head gently until I felt her even breaths hitting my skin.

Oh, I do love you so much Jennie. It's a problem, that I don't know why I can't say it. I'm scared. It's a sign of vulnerability. It's bad, I'm opening up being so weak for her to attack.

"I love you," I whispered into her hair before placing another small kiss on her head.

There you go, those three words weren't so hard to utter after all. It's much easier when she's asleep.

She said it back? Am I hearing things?

Or not...

"Sleep," I muttered, blushing so hard my cheeks were burning.

It took me a while to wrap my head around the fact that we've just done it, and we've both just exchanged our first I love you's as a couple.

This is a big step forward for us and our relationship. We're getting serious— I'm getting serious. What am I supposed to do about all these feelings I have for her?

I'm literally... so in love with her, I don't think I can contain anymore love for her in my body. I feel like I'm gonna bust every living second I had with her.

I shut my eyes to loosen up, and relax, eventually drifting into deep sleep.

The next morning came, and I swung my hand towards my side when I heard a sound.

My hand hits the bed. Where is Jennie? There was no heat on my chest, I can't feel her on me.

Did she go? I wouldn't blame her if she had something on. But she wanted to spend the weekend with me! She wouldn't bail just like that.

I opened my eyes and blinked several times to adjust to the lighting. My bed was indeed empty, but her clothes were still scattered on the ground.

God, where did she even get this sexy lingerie set from? And— Oh dear Lord, the ropes are still on the ground.

I put on a shirt and walked to my living room, eventually finding her by the counter with my apron on. Just an apron, an oversized shirt, and a fresh set of panties.

"Smells delicious," I said, smiling at the sight of her cooking.

Jennie jumped a little upon hearing my voice. It's cute how easily startled she gets.

"You're finally awake?" Jennie asked, turning around with a spatula in her hand.

I rose my eyebrows, "Finally? It's barely 10 in the morning babe."