pethavanga sirai - i

pethavanga sirai endral parent trap 😂😂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Appa! Please, it's just a two day camp."

"Absolutely not."

His fiery 12 y/o glared at him in annoyance. She has been trying to convince him to let her go to a summer camp for the past one hour, but Ashwin wouldn't give in.

"Maya, please. Unnake theriyum, it's not safe for you."

(Maya please. You know it best, it's not safe for you.)

Maya grumbled under her breath, "Poranthathu than poranthen, oru actor ku porakanum."

(Why was I born as an actor's daughter.)

Ashwin saw a flash of her mother at the moment and he sighed. "You're not doing a very good job of convincing me."

Maya whined and sat down next to him, "Appa, ella teachers irupanga. You can come drop me and pick me up. I'll have my phone with me all the time. Please pa, ella friends um poranga."

(Dad, all my teachers would be there. You can come drop me and pick me up. I'll have my phone with me all the time. Please dad, all my friends are going.)

Ashwin eyed his daughter carefully. He knew this must mean a lot to her if she's so desperate for it, and he simply didn't have the heart to say no to her. He has never had the heart to refuse any of her wishes.

"Fine."

Maya squealed in glee and gave her father a huge hug. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you."

Ashwin chuckled quietly before he said, "Itha paaru. Always keep your phone on you, and you're always attending my calls, okay? Also yaar enn-"

(Listen. Always keep your phone on you, and you're always attending my calls, okay? And if anyone asks ab-)

"Yaar enna ungala pathi kettalum ennaku ethume theriyathu nu solanum, athane?" she finished for her. Ashwin smiled fondly and ruffled her hair.

(If anyone asks about me I should say I don't know anything, right?)

"Naa pathukaren!," she exclaimed confidently, before skipping away to her room.

(I'll take care of it.)

If Ashwin was being honest, Maya was an ever constant reminder of his ex-wife. She was so much like her, the way she carried herself and most importantly she inherited her mother's beautiful voice.

Oddly enough, for him, he didn't mind the constant reminder of Sivaangi. Subconsciously, it gave him the salvation of not missing her so much. Their divorce wasn't necessarily ugly, which made it even worse to be apart from her.

He tried to meet other people, he really did. But he soon realised that he was searching for a Sivaangi in all of them. Which wasn't possible, because like the impact she left on her, she herself was one of a kind. Impossible to recreate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya made sure her door was locked when she called Laya. The phone rang for multiple rings before she picked it up.

"Sollu di,"

(Tell me.)

Maya moved to a corner of a room, looking over the window. "Amma okay solitangala?"

(Did mom say okay?)

"Amma ethukuthan okay solama irukanga. Athellam solitangala," Laya said.