god knows

iris; goddess of rainbow and messenger of the gods

ares; god of war and the spirit of battle

"mortals are so bent on clinging to their lives, that many among them would gladly kill for it. the surge of emotion which they feel... one passion is no different from another."

                      - excerpt from a conversation between Ares, god of war and Aphrodite, goddess of love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dude! What the hell!"

Ashwin cracked open an eye and saw Rakshan stand above him staring at his phone with contempt.

He groaned sleepily and asked, "What?"

"Remember we got the tickets to Swerve, we got ripped off at the last minute."

Ashwin sat up groggily, "You're telling me we gor robbed off of the most prestigious underground contest ever?"

Rakshan said deadpanned, "It's underground. It's borderline illegal."

Ashwin sighed and leaned against the couch. "So what now?"

Rakshan plopped down next to him and shrugged, "I don't know. We just don't go, I guess."

Ashwin glared at him, "No, I'm not missing out."

"How do you plan on getting tickets?"

Ashwin stared at the wall blankly trying to come up with something when his phone pinged. He pulled up the discord app,

!! GENSHIN IMPACT SERVER !!

MissIrisLudus:-

have two tickets for the Swerve off price. whoever can beat the level 3 Ruin Guard can take it. dm me for more.

Ashwin grinned at the sight of the message and Rakshan looked at him in confusion from his sudden glee.

"What?"

Ashwin looked at him, "Dude, can I use your pc? I'll get us the tickets."

Rakshan furrowed his eyebrows, "Sure, but wh-"

Before he could respond, Ashwin was already out of sight and into his room. Ashwin quickly opened the app and messages IrisLudus.

LordAresSagitta:-

I'm interested. which server?

MissIrisLudus:-

asia. you've got 10 minutes. anymore than that and you're out.

LordAresSagitta:-

deal.

Ashwin grinned to himself and pulled up the game. Ruin guards were notoriously hard but nothing he couldn't handle. Rakshan peered over his shoulder and into the phone as he read the chat.

"Are you sure we won't get ripped off again?"

Ashwin shrugged, "Worth a try.. Besides she's a moderator of the server. I doubt she'll do that while being a moderator."

Rakshan asked, "Can you beat it?"

Ashwin scoffed and repeated his question incredulously, " "Can you beat it?" What am I some kind of noob? Of course I can."