ukiyo

WARNING:- no warnings actually, but this chapter could be extremely emotional. talks about topics like divorce.

ukiyo

(n.)

meaning:- the floating world

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When Sivaangi entered the room, it was bustling with people. Loud noises came from everywhere, and she scanned the room for a familiar face. Her eyes landed on her brother, Pugazh. She smiled and went over to him,

"Anney?"

Pugazh turned around and grinned at her before pulling her into a hug. "Pattu kutty, ippo than vanthiya?

Sivaangi nodded and looked around. Over the past 10 years, the Media Masons office has grown into a bigger studio. She looked around and saw many familiar faces. Pugazh smiled, "Seri vaa saapadlam."

Sivaangi nodded and followed him. almost 5 years of not seeing anyone, or being cut off from the whole world of entertainment. She only kept in touch with a few, like Pugazh. She spotted another person who she spoke to, Rakshan Anna.

"Thangam," he said, with a wide smile. Sivaangi smile at him and he hugged her. He gave her one of those smiles, full of an unknown emotion that the people who knew what happened the past years always gave her.

Pugazh said, "Advik eppadi irukan?"

Sivaangi nodded faintly, "Nalla irukan. Ippo avanuku leave vera athan veetla irukan. Bore aadikudhu nu ore torture."

Rakshan quipped, "Athan sonen la, enga veetla konja naal vidu. Priya, Devesh kooda avan velayaduvan."

Sivaangi's smiled. "Paravala ne. Rendu naal than."

Over the years, she had learnt to never depend on anyone else other than herself. Especially when it came to her son.

Despite all of this, she felt alone. She wasn't the same bubbly Sivaangi anymore. How could she be when a person she trusted the most left her like that?

She let out a sigh and took a sip of her coffee. That's when she heard his voice. She hadn't heard that voice in 6 years, she hadn't seen him in years. After she got married, they gradually drifted away and the moment she got divorced with her husband, she cut contact with most of the people in the entertainment field.

"Machan? Eppadi iruk-"

He stopped when he saw her. A look of genuine suprise and happiness took over his face and he blinked a few times.

"Sivaangi? Inga enna pandra? Evalo naal achu, nee varuvenu ethirpakala."

She smiled at his glee and nodded, "Pugazh anna than varanum nu solli romba adam pudicharu."

Ashwin looked at her and took in her appearance. Much hadn't changed, she still had the same physique probably a bit taller and had long hair. But he immediately noticed how her eyes didn't shine like before or how her smile didn't reach her eyes like before.

After all these years, there's still no one other than her that he would know so well.

Ashwin asked, "Saaptiya?"

Sivaangi shook her head. Ashwin said, "Seri nee po, naa varen."

Sivaangi and smiled at both of her brothers before going towards the food. Pugazh looked at Ashwin, "Dei naanga rendu peru inga irukom da. Kanuku theritha? Saaptiya nu oru vaartha keriya?"

Ashwin raised an eyebrow, "Inga vanthu mothal velaya atha than panirpen."

Pugazh folded his hands, "Nee nalla urutara mapillai."