Episode 61 of 62

This is an ongoing story. If it's your first time reading the novel I suggest you start from Episode 1. If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there.

 If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there

Kingdom of the Red Rose
(Episode 61 of 62)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Choices
(Part 1 of 1)

Griffin turned around and found Emma's soul standing behind him. This was Emma's soul, it had the shape of her mortal body, but some other powerful being occupied her, God.

"You," Griffin growled, "You lying piece of shit. You're the biggest hypocrite of them all. What do you want? Are you here to try and stop me before I bring down your Kingdom of Heaven? Will you try and save this world of yours?"

When God replied she used Emma's voice, but it had an unprecedented and unexplained effect. It was the calmest voice Griffin had ever heard. He could do nothing but instantly calm down and enter a conversation with this being that stood before him.

"My world? Griffin, you know the truth about this world. You realized it the moment you reformed your body."

"You didn't create this world, did you? In fact, you had nothing to do with it."

"That is correct."

They sat down across from each other, Lucifer's soul resting in Griffin's lap.

"Everything in this world was created by humans," Griffin said, "Some in your honour, a higher being, the image of a father, but humans are the creators of this world," Griffin paused for a moment, "And there is nothing living at the top of Heaven's mountain. I know because this is the first time I feel your presence in this world."

"I have been here before, but it's been a while," she looked around.

"Why do you come to me now? Why are you looking to intervene?" Griffin asked.

"I'm not here to intervene. My creation is about to take one more step in its long and even to me unknown journey. I'm only here to observe, like a parent as you said. I 'm here to watch my creation grow."

"So, you're indeed the creator of the human soul."

"Yes, I am," God smiled.

"Is it true? Did you make us in your own image?"

"Yes," she chuckled, "and no."

Griffin placed a closed fist under his chin, waiting for God to continue.

"I created you in my image, using all the knowledge I had available, my own existence being the best source of information. But like any creator, like any parent, I wanted the best for my children. And so, I went beyond my image and tried to form a better one for you. One that would help you grow and eventually surpass me."