chapter 12

Sorry for not posting in forever , haven't had time and a grumpy person can't possibly make a happy story PROMISE TO POST MORE ASAP.

DAY 1

I groaned as the light for bright for any eyes , let alone my tired ones , hit them. I left my curtains wide open last night , a mistake that I brushed off yesterday but , WOW do I regret it today. At midnight we had abandoned the party in search of more. (Tumblr had raised our standards and lowered realities). While we went off on a search for a more exciting endeavor , the twins had made an excuse of a headache and gone to bed. Sophia had stayed with Clifford , with no excuse. Well. No an acceptable one anyways. Still shy around each other , there was only a soft murmur of conversation among us.

Dan , Hunter , Sid , Tom (whose name will be unfamiliar to you but does duck boy ring a bell?) and I. Being the only girl , gave me more scornful looks than a walk of shame would have got me but it never bothered me. I craved fun and something bigger than talking about which boy was cuter than the other or just how fat Tiffany had looked in that dress. I smile now , my first thought filling my head being Dan this and Dan that and Dan. The smile was quickly replaced by a frown. I couldn't read him and that only made me more determined to.

The blinding light had almost been forgotten until I realized that the light could only possibly shine this bright a lot later in the morning. But I always wake up early ! Sprinting to my feet groggily , I made my way towards the balcony door. Which incidentally , was also left open. Good start to the holiday. I squinted at the dredges of sunlight , but over the looming walls of the rooms facing the park , the sun still hadn't shown itself. Relief flooded through me , I would be horrified if I had already missed so much of the day.

Toast tasted good anywhere , I sighed happy as I ambled along the park path. I could hear the birds chirping and the sound of the rushing cars just like always. Or was that the intercom and the ocean .. I had the most different breakfast I think I have ever had so I insisted on my very not different breakfast in order to retain my constant. My mom looked happy , as happy as she had been in her sickeningly sweet honeymoon phase with my stepdad. She didn't look as if she ever had issues, but I knew better.

It was now about 9AM and by now , I had already showered , changed , eaten (priority) and sat on the outside chairs and written in my notebook until my head was a nonsensical jumble. An attempt of exploring this ship was a must. However, thanks to the handy teen cruise schedule that had been so helpfully taped to my door last night , there was more important things to be done. A quick run back to my room and an even quicker glance in the mirror and I was ready. Ish ? The lounge was filled with tired faces with tired eyes , which was overlooked because of the inexhaustible smiles. I was challenged to a Mario kart game by Sid as soon I stepped foot in the door. Big mistake.

3 hours later , with an even brighter smile than the best of us , I had run out of Mario related trash talk and was tired of losing. I threw the remote down with a flourish and grudgingly accepted my evident defeat with a smile. Looking around , face flushed , I saw that we had gathered quite an amused audience. I guess we have been making a spectacle of ourselves. I shyly look at Sid's unwavering smirk of victory and admire his ability to never look Embarrassed. Our audience also had an unexpected addition. Rising to my feet , I bounded over and nudged him.

"Hey you"

"Hey yourself"

"Only up now ?"

"Don't you sleep ?"

"Sleep's for the weak"

"You're gonna crash someday"

"Never have before , sweetheart"

I kept looking up at him with a smile and in his eyes I saw a twinkle , and I knew that it couldn't have been the fluorescent lights.