Chapter 17

Sweaty and swearing , I pulled myself out of the stifling pounding room to clear my head , and my blood stream. The sound of laughter and a pulsing beat surrounded me and I turned to my left to see the expressions on my friends faces. I saw the aftertaste of a good party and a prequel of a dreadful next morning echoed on all their faces. If we even slept.

Throwing myself down on the nearest deck chair and moaning with relief as I yanked off my high heels that were beginning to strangle me , I stretched out languidly with toes stretched. Toms rude comments filled my ears.

"Okay so lemme explain something to you about handjobs -" he began , animated in every way. We all groaned in exasperation , a speech we'd heard before. Sex happened to be one of the subjects , besides his beloved girlfriend or rock and roll , that sparked his interest and he lived for the spotlight of the misfits affection.

"It's like having a box of smarties .. And giving someone ONE FUCKING SMARTIE .. " he paused for effect , a look of comic annoyance and disbelief on his face at the possible cruelty of girls everywhere. "Speaking from personal experiences," this had a smirk attached, " give the poor boy a blowjob. I mean. Come on !" He retained his expressions , with a myriad of hand gestures violent enough to knock straight into Hunters chest with a resounding thud. Hunter glared at Tom but stood quietly , nursing his wounded chest , and ego.

Restlessly I stood , pacing up and down the decks with the wind raising my hair off my shoulders and into my face. I scratched the zip on the back of my dress idly and I didn't even feel Dans eyes on me as a thought struck me and my eyes light up , or they must have been , as I heard his low chuckle.

My head snapped towards the sound and a low blush flashed across my face as I caught his shy smile and open eyes. Now I felt like I could almost feel everyone else's eyes on me and I coughed and tore my eyes away from the one person I always seemed to find myself staring at.