Chapter 21: The One He Loves

Jac was helping out on a scene when Mark suddenly called at him. He was not very far from Mark's voice so he traced it with his eyes. His eyes landed in the bench of the quiet corner, seeing Jac and a man he didn't recognize.

He stalked towards them, feeling the tension welcome him the closer he got. Jac looked terrified although he tried his best not to be obvious. Mark was smiling his sadistic smile at the men between them which meant one this, the guy had done something Mark didn't approve of and it involved Jac.

"Problem, gentlemen?" Although Josh's words were polite, his voice was anything but.

"I found this man with his hand grasping your sub's arm. He told me you gave him permission to touch him."

Josh scanned Matio down carefully until he settled my eyes on his. The boy paled and his face got paper sheet white as he looked at Josh but he recovered quickly.

"Is that so?" Was the thing Josh asked before things turned for the worst. "Majesty King!" He called out and Jac flinched from behind Josh probably remembering exactly who King was.

Josh could almost hear the wheels turning in Jac's head and Josh held tight to his hand as King made his way towards them. His eyes rang with authority, making a good fit for his name. The mean scar that crossed his face was no beauty spot either, it was a sign that King had seen the world at its worst.

"To my office." Was all King said as he walked passed them.

"Wait here for me." Josh instructed Jac cautiously. It was not a good feeling seeing that Matio had laid his hand on his sub and Josh definitely didn't want the repeat of that. "If anyone bothers you, there's a button on your collar that you press to alert me."

"Yes sir." Jac replied under his breath as Josh began to follow everyone, pushing a stuck Mat along with him.

As Jac watched them disappear as realization hit him; he was not in love with Matio anymore but he was definitely in love with Joshua Rodriguez.

"Well fuck me!" He cussed as he slumped back into his seat.

~

The stupid idiot who had laid hands on Josh's sub was banned from ever setting foot on Fairy Dust property and escorted by security out, but Josh was not satisfied. That fucker touched his sub, he wanted something more humiliating than that for him. Josh even had a couple of ideas on how to punish him and 90% of those ideas involved the fucker's balls and all ideas involved not walking for a couple of weeks. King was not having it.

"Why do you care so much?" Mark asked suspiciously as they left King's office due to Josh's mumblings.

"I'm a possessive man, Markus. Deal with it." He hissed. Markus gave Josh a curious look and he started chuckling.

Getting annoyed, Josh left Markus and stalked towards Jac, who was seemingly enjoying a cocktail. The one-drink rule obviously out of the window.

"How many of these have you had?" Josh sneered, snatching the almost empty glass out of Jac's weak grasp.

"Heyyy!" Jac protested with a pout, trying unsuccessfully to reach for his drink but Jac put it on a tray that a passing waiter held. "That was only my fourth one. I've had a whole six pack of beer before and only managed to get tipsy. I'm fine."

"These are stronger than beer, you dummy." Josh sighed in annoyance before taking Jac's wrist into his hand and pushing through the crowd while ignoring Jac's protests. "You're too drunk, we're going home." He told him as they finally made it out of the building.

Larry was already waiting by the door because Josh called him from the club so they slipped in the car and headed towards the house.

“Your rules are stupid.” Jac burped on the way home and Josh ignored him. He looked out the window like his words were just thoughts running through his mind. Maybe it was, maybe drunk Jac did not notice he was talking out loud.

“’I don’t sleep in the same room as my submissives’, ‘I don’t eat breakfast together’, ‘I don’t talk about my day’ and ‘hey no kisses on the forehead’. They are just stupid.” He didn’t seem to care that Josh was not responding, he just kept talking and it was not fun to listen to. “What are they for anyway? To get me to not fall in love with you?”

He laughed, although it sounded more bitter and not at all amused.

“Well guess what Joshua, that is not how the world works. You can’t have sex with someone and expect that everything else won’t matter. You can’t care for them when they are sick and expect them to not grow some sort of feelings. You can’t kiss them the way you do, compliment them with your words or look at them like they are the most beautiful fucking thing you’ve ever seen and care for them like that every time after sex. You can’t do that Josh and refuse accountability for their feelings. If you want people to not fall in love with you, stay away from them.” 

The car came to a halt and Jac sprinted out of the car like it was about to explode. Josh stayed back and pulled a sigh. This wasn’t the first time he had been accused of making people to fall in love with him but it was the first he didn’t know what to do.

He can’t just break the contract and throw Jac out because;

1. Jac had nowhere to go and
2. Josh just didn’t want to. He knew though that tomorrow he better have a solution because as much as he hated to admit it, he saw this coming.

He looked at the door Jac has disappeared into and knew that although they had a couple of days left from the contract, it was going to be hard to keep up with.