Chapter 18: The One who's Different

WARNING: Homophobic slurs ahead. Proceed with caution.

~∆

Josh woke up the next morning feeling almost empty for some reason. It was barely 4am and he was too awake for his liking. He had an amazing night, one he hadn't had since he last discovered sex and BDSM.  His erection was loud and his solution was less than 10 steps away.

His phone rang, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Euless, it's too early for a phone call. Someone better be dying or dead."

"I'm pretty sure I haven't woken you up, so stop acting grumpy."

"How did things go last night?" Josh asked as he lifted himself off his bed in the sweatpants he had put on last night before heading to bed.

"I'll answer that with a question." Dalais answered with amusement obvious in his voice. "How would you like to be my best man?"

"No way." Josh mused as he made his way downstairs towards the kitchen.

"He asked last night and then made a submissive out of me." A blush was very obvious in the words that were uttered by Dalais.

"That lucky bastard." Josh laughed as he opened his refrigerator, taking the first thing his hand touched. "He finally had what he has whimpering around for for years."

Dalais tore into fits of laughter and Josh heard groaning in the background.

"You put me on speaker? You're evil Dalais. I would love to be your best man so I can sweep you in my arms once you realize Dirac is a lesser man."

"You wish." Dirac bit back almost angrily, making Josh to just laugh more.

"I made being gay look so good I turned your boyfriend."

"Fiance now." Dirac corrected and dropped the call.

Josh laughed turning the cap of the shake in his hands and downing it as he turned from the fridge.

His eyes met an already dressed Jacques. Josh's first thoughts were how Jac looked like the most beautiful thing Josh had ever seen this morning. His cheeks were rosy red and his beautiful brown eyes had a certain glow about them this morning.

"Good morning, puppy." He mused. "I can take a quick shower and drop you off at the construction site."

"No thank you." Jac answered politely. "I'm going to catch a ride with Dan."

"Dan?" Josh asked.

"Friend and colleague." Jac answered dismissively.

"Are you alright?" Josh asked suspiciously. "You seem to have low spirits today."

"I'm fine."

"I can't stand lies Jacques. If there's something that is upsetting you, it's best if you voice it."

"I just... last night after we made- fucked, you left." Jac said with an abrasive smile. "It made it feel cheap."

"Jacques were you not listening to me as I listed the terms of our contract?" Josh asked darkly.

"I-" Jac began to mumble.

"I clearly stated; I do not slumber in the same bed as my submissive. Was that not clear to you?" Josh's voice was heavily laced with disappoinment and frustration. "Look Jac, if this is something that is important to you, I suggest we break the contract."

"No. It's no big deal. I just thought it was me you didn't want to share the bed with. Or that I did something wrong."

"Puppy," Josh said with a voice that made Jac melt. "Last night was amazing. It's just a rule I made so you don't get hurt. To guide from feelings that will negatively affect our relationship."