Chapter 12: A gift of his submission

It was 7:50 in the evening when Jac went downstairs to wait. His mind was running wild as to why Josh had so harshly requested they meet. He couldn't recall anything wrong he had done the last time he was with Josh and it made Josh's blunt anger all the more confusing.

So he sat on the couch waiting nervously like a teenager waiting for her prom date. Then he stood up and paced around the room, frequently checking his worn out watch which by Grace and constant fixing still worked. His one luck was all his roommates had gone to the bar and no one was going to question his blunt display of nervousness.

He looked down at his disappointing outfit. Faded black jeans he had not won for over a year hugged his backside a little too tight for his liking. The urge to put them off was actually intriguing if only he had bothered to do laundry ever since he got to the US. Same went for his too tight polo shirt that he had forced himself to wear.

He wanted to back out of tonight, because frankly he did not like the sight of an angry Josh.  The obstacle was he had no means of contacting the other man to cancel, so his only option was to oblige. Especially now that the headlights beamed brightly on the front porch, indicating a car has arrived.

A knock sounded a minute later and Jac had to collect a few breaths before going for the door. As the door opened, a rather slim man stood patiently in his black suit instead of the man Jac had expected.

Jac looked behind the stranger, hoping to somehow catch a glimpse of Josh somewhere in the background but no such luck. Instead, the man in front of him offered a warm smile and stepped aside the door he was blocking.

"Mr Rodriguez instructed I pick you up and transport you to his location. If you don't mind."

Jac stood there thoughtfully. His father always warned him about entering strange people's cars and he knew nothing about the man before him.

"He also said I should give you this, in case you are reluctant to come with me." The man said handing him a small piece of paper which Jac reluctantly opened.

Don't keep Larry waiting, he wants to go home to his kids.
JR

Jac had no idea what this ridiculous piece of paper was trying to prove but the tone in it said a lot. It was definitely from Joshua Rodriguez. Jac without further hesitation grabbed his coat and followed Larry to the car.

The ride was nerve wracking because Larry refused by all means to inform Jac where they were headed. So instead of prodding more, Jac sat uncomfortably in leather sits designed for comfort and stared out the window towards the illuminated night sky.

The car came to a halt after about a twenty minutes drive but to Jac it felt like hours. Jac assessed the surrounding a little more and before he knew it, the door opened for him to exit.

Due to being in the back sit, Jac had not really seen the house before him. It was not amazingly huge but bigger than any house Jac ever entered. As impressive as the house was, Jac was more awestruck by the yard and the landscape and the massive pool that was in blue lights. The tree by the house had some sort of stand build around it. There was an outdoor pizza oven on that stand and a barbeque grill next to the oven.

The lawn was cut clean, the flowers colourful even under the moon light and the driveway was perfectly lit. Larry waited patiently for Jac to finish his assessment and ashered him towards the house when he was done.

The massive door before him opened and a woman wearing a very warm smile welcomed him through to the house. Suddenly Jac was aware of himself as he entered what was obviously Josh's beautiful house.

He was aware of his looks, his clothes and the job he dedicated his entire life to. He was aware of how he grew up fending for himself as his father drank himself unconscious and eventually died. He was aware of how Josh was a rich kid who grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth that was probably exchanged with a silver spoon and a diamond one.