The Offer

(True Color Spoilers ahead)

((Y/n)'s POV)

I'm screwed. I slowly turn around and come face to face with a giant newt. He had a smirk on his face. "So you're (Y/n)? huh thought you looked different"

I'm at a loss for words frozen in fear. I also have an edge to kill this son of a slug for what he did to Marcy. I'm also still in shock from seeing Marcy in that tank. It's a lot of emotions swirling around inside of me and all I can do is stand there at stare at him.

"So I presume you found the journal and that's how you found out about the Prophecy Keeper"

"How do you know about the journal"

"Well I put it there for you to find because I needed you here"

"You planted it?"

"Bingo"

"Wait what do you mean needed me here?"

He laughs "I have an offer for you (Y/n)"

I stay silent not exactly sure what he is about to say next.

"See (Y/n) from what Marcy has told me in the past what that she was your girlfriend and you too were very close. Am I right?" I nod "And though the eyes of the Prophecy Keeper, you promised Marcy that you would save her. Right?" Again I nod "What if I offered you a way to save her?"

"But at what cost?" I interrupted him

"Huh?"

"There is always some sort of trick or cost with this sort of thing. I'm not an idiot"

"Wow Marcy wasn't wrong when she said you were smart and cunning" I blush momentarily thinking about Marcy talking about me but quickly shake it off.

"Don't avoid the question"

"You see the Keeper has a certain set of rules. It can as you know take over someone's body in order for them to fulfill their part in the prophecy, but its power can only go so far. Marcy is an important part of the prophecy. If the person possessed has a strong connection with somebody and they are a willing soul the two can simply switch places"

There are so many questions in my head at the moment. What about Marcy's injury would that become mine. Would I be possessed? The thing the taking over everything is the fact that Marcy has people who love her. She has Anne and Sasha, she has parents that care for her even if they moved away. Anne and Sasha have known Marcy a lot longer than I have. They would be so happy to have Marcy back.

"Can I have some time to think about it?"

He shrugs "I'll give you till sundown tomorrow"

I nod and he lets me leave. I put my hood up as I leave the castle. I go and find Joe Sparrow and get on the saddle. "Take me back" Joe nods and take off. We fly through the air. I reach into my poker and pull out a picture of all four of us. Sasha and Anne are near the front and Marcy jumping on my back for the picture. This picture was taken a little after Marcy and I had started dating. We were all hanging out in the Mall one weekend, we were just having fun and goofing off. It was good memories. I think I'm going to talk to Anne and Sasha about my encounter with the king get their opinions on what I should do.

Joe lands and I get off and walk towards the Planter's home. I'm about to knock when I hear yelling from inside.

"Why does she have to be the hero, why couldn't she just come home and be safe nobody else needed to get hurt" That was Anne, was she talking about...Me?

"Anne we don't know where she went. Maybe she didn't go to Newtopia. She could still be perfectly ok" That voice belonged to Sprig. I think I didn't honestly see much of him.

"Ugh, sometimes I wish (Y/n) never meet Marcy then she would not have wanted to come to Amphibia and she wouldn't be risking her life for Marcy. She would be safe and out of danger and I wouldn't have to deal with possibly losing another friend"

"Anne you don't mean that" Sashas voice came into the mix.

I didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation but I guess I have my mind made up. I walked out to the Fwagon and went inside. I look around for a bit till I find some paper and a pen. I write a few letters. Nothing too dramatic just a few explanations to Anne and Sasha.

I'm sitting at the table and writing when the Fwagon door opens. It's Sprig? He comes over and sits across from me.

"I thought I heard somebody out here" he looks around the room for a minute "where did you go" Quick brain come up with a lie.

"I went and took Joe Sparrow for a ride to clear my head. Does...does Anne know I'm back?"

"I don't think so why?"

"I uh heard her yelling earlier...but it's alright I'm kind of used to being yelled at and being yelled about"

"She didn't mean it, she was just-"

"Sprig honestly it's fine"

Sprig and I talk for a little bit but he gets tired and falls asleep. I move him to the bed and continue writing. Once I'm done I pull the hair clip out of my hair. I use it to clip together two letters and two photos. I leave them on the table.

I look out the window and see the sun is just starting to rise. I take one last look at Sprig on the bed them I walk out of the Fwagon and into the house. I walk straight to the basement door. I quietly open it and see Anne and Sasha sleeping peacefully. I smile at them. "Bye girls" I whisper and close the door again. I make my way to Joe and hop on his saddle.

"Take me to Newtopia" we take off and fly through the air. I let out a breath and look ahead. This was going to be a long day.