Chapter 3

Nobody's P.O.V
Demon slaying corps... Their numbers are around a few hundred... Is an organization that is not acknowledged by the government. However they still exist and continue to kill demons. Nobody knows who is leading this band of demon hunters...still shrouded in mystery. Demon. Main source of food are humans. They kill humans then consume their flesh.

When they were first born or where they came from is still unknown. They have powerful physical abilities and even when injured, they are immediately able to heal themselves. Body parts hacked off will still have some sort of connection and they are able to completely grow completely new arms and legs.

There also exist demons that have the incredible ability to change their body structure. If one does not use a blade of special quality, even after chopping the demons head off, the demon will not die. The demon killing corps fights the demons with their mortal flesh and blood. Due to them being humans their injuries recover slow and loss limbs will never regrow. Even so, they still fight the demons, for humanity.

Tanjiro's P.O.V

~Training 1~

"I am a 'cultivator'. Like what the word describes, I cultivate swordsman. There are a lot of 'cultivators' who cultivate swordsman with a variety of techniques in a variety of places. If one wants to enter the demon killing corps then they must survive in the 'Final Selection' on Fujikasaneyama. I get to decide whether you are allowed to join the 'Final Selection." Mr. Urokodaki said to me as I listened intently to his explanation.

~Training 2~

'I began writing a diary for Toshiro and Nezuko. I described the mountain today as well. Training myself hard everyday so that I won't die during the 'Final Selection'. I was slowly able to avoid the traps from descending the mountain repeatedly everyday. My stamina was not the only thing that increased. My nose is about to detect smells even swifter than before.' I thought as I ran down the mountain dogging and getting hit with some of the traps along the way. 'However the difficult of the traps began to slowly increase. And are filled with a heavy stench of killing intent.' I thought as I was holding the underside of the hole with spikes in it.

~Training 3~

'Today, I took my blade with me to descend the mountain. This is really annoying. If my hands were empty then I would have gotten tangled with these traps.' I thought as I was stuck inside of a trap that was hidden. 

~Training 4~

'Today is sword swinging. However, compared to today, it's more like I'm swinging my sword everyday recently. After descending the mountain I still continue to use my drop dead tired hands to swing repeatedly.' I wrote as I thought back to what happened earlier today. I continued to swing my sword after counting.

'In the beginning he told me as well that the blade is easily snapped. Even though the force of the strike of swinging vertically is strong, the force of swinging horizontally is very weak. When using a blade, one must swing along with the blade. The position of the blade, and the direction one applies the force to swinging the blade must be exactly the same. Also, blades can be worn down as well. Which means that if my blade snaps, my bones will snap as well, that's the slight threat I got from him anyways.' I thought as I looked at him with a bemused expression.

~Training 5~

'Today is a Wrassling Festival. A training devised to allow me to get up quickly no matter what position I fell to the ground.' I wrote as Urokodaki-sensei flipped me over as I landed on my back. 'I held my blade and swung it at Urokodaki-sensei. Urokodaki-sensei uses only his bare hands, without any weapons. He's really strong. I always fall to the ground after being flung out.' I thought as I was flipped over his shoulder after he grabbed my shirt.