CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11: Evangeline and The Years That Slipped Her Hands

I felt like years were slipping from my fingers. Me, Loriana and Grumps have permanently looked 25 now. Us wolves age very very slowly though I do not know why I still looked 25. Maybe because I was still considered young in my dead family at the age of 265.

I remember one of my ancestors we've visited when my Poppa and Momma were still kicking. He looked ancient too, a vintage wolf as he liked to put it. I think he was a thousand and seven at that time.

Anyways in more interesting news, Vien now has one kid , Orlan, and a mate who joined our pack years ago.

Liam on the other hand, hit home run thrice with his mate over the past years now having three children. Their names: Angus, Orson, and Galileah, I just call her Gilly.

Liam has one grand child from Angus. Such busy men, too busy if you ask me.

Vyctor was still currently alpha though since he was not at prime age yet. He still has a few more years or two. Next to him in line is Vien.

Loriana was slumped beside me in the conference room bored as hell. Grumps, Beta Connor, Gamma Rick, and I are huddled around a circular table. Maps were sprawled on the table with marker lines on it.

We were currently discussing a pattern we have noticed over the years.

"Alpha Vyctor, other packs have reported sightings of rogue camps or rogue packs around their borders. They say groups have formed settling in unclaimed areas." Gamma Rick announced.

"That's odd, not a very rogue thing to do." I said.

"That's not all, almost one or two for each werewolf pack we know of. The only ones without these incidents are the packs in other continents such as those in Asia." Beta Connor added.

"Rogues don't usually gather in groups, do they?" Loriana said seeming interested now.

Grumps pursed his lips and held his head in his palms. Ah such a sight, a stressed Grumps. "They don't."

"Could this somehow be a ploy?" I said. They looked at me and let my words sink in.

"What could they possibly be planning to pull of with such a huge operation if so?" Beta Connor asked whilst still thinking.

"They could be after something, but in which pack?" Loriana said.

Could be ours... Said my wolf.

What, why? I asked but she only shrugged.

"We don't know, but I must warn the other Alphas of this pattern. We might be in trouble, and besides that, the rogue pack outside our borders is growing larger by the hour." Grumps said.

The door suddenly opened revealing Jace holding an envelope.

"Alpha," he nods and so did Grumps. "A letter from the council."

Grumps took the letter and read it first. When he's done, he had an annoyed look on his face. That's not good.

"The council still does not permit us to plant spies claiming it might provoke the rogues. Not even an investigation outside our borders." He said with a Groan.