CHAPTER 35

Chapter 35: Evangeline and Two Heartbeats

It's been two weeks since Evangeline last shifted to her wolf or her morphed form. She already has a slight bump on her belly which is much more noticable in that form.

True to her words, Lisa has been helping her out a lot with her cravings, and making excuses for her when needed.

"Alpha, you know we can't keep this up forever right?" Lisa told her a couple times

"I know... I know." Was Evangeline's answer.

They both knew one or more of the members, if not, the Gammas and Beta would notice.

Lisa looked out a lot for her pregnant Alpha. She was now more like a personal assistant rather than a Gamma. Her wolf's womanly instincts tell her to do so as well as the she-wolf's already nurturing nature.

But as they predicted, one already noticed something weird with their Alpha. It was no other than Evangeline's Beta, John.

Evangeline stayed in her office after a meeting that day when her Beta - John- requested for a word with her.

"Alpha, why is it that I haven't seen you shift for almost 2 weeks now? You used to not be able to go 2 days without shifting to either of your forms. " John asked her that evening.

Evangeline had her head resting on her palms then. She didn't really want this news to blow up right now. She thought it was horrible timing with the expected war and the threats and everything. Aside from that, no clue has been found with regards to the missing pack members yet. She thought there couldn't have been a much more horrible timing than now.

What would a strong pack even think if they found out their Alpha was pregnant at a time like this?

"I'm pregnant, John." She said without even looking at her Beta.

The air of silence overtook them. Evangeline was a little bit nervous. Meanwhile, John was happy to hear the news.

"Congratulations, Alpha." He said with a smile.

"Thanks, John but there couldn't have been worse timing than this. Just a few days ago, another letter was found by the lake and we don't even have a single clue yet of the locations of the missing wolves." Evangeline ranted.

"Well they do say babies bring blessings, Alpha." John tried to comfort her.

"I just want him or her to grow up in a safer place than where we stand right now, John." Evangeline said with a deep sigh.

"They will, Alpha."

That was already a few days ago. Evangeline couldn't stop thinking of what her baby's life could be like in a time like this where there are continues conflicts and wars, and where there are multiple different threats.

Could they be safe playing outside? She thought to her wolf.

Probably not.... Her wolf answered.

Harris, having noticed his mate's internal conflict, sat beside her. Evangeline snuggled close to Harris for comfort.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked her.