CHAPTER 32

Chapter 32: Evangeline and The Best Sleep She'd Ever Had

Harris was hoping Evangeline would tell Lisa to go and take him to his room herself. Instead she left him with Lisa and went into her own room.

Before Evangeline's door closed, she saw Lisa peck Harris on the cheek. She was upset, but she knew she let it happen.

Later that night, Harris tossed and turned but he still couldn't fall asleep. He wanted to be beside his mate. His leg was starting to hurt from all his movements.

Eventually, Harris gave in to what his wolf wanted. He scurried to his wheelchair and rolled himself to Evangeline's door.

He knocked on her door, "Ev?"

He heard murmurs from the other side and barely made out the words, "come in."

He opened the door and closed it behind him. He saw her tucked in her sheets, head buried in her pillows.

"Ev, I can't sleep. Can I sleep beside you?"

Evangeline was too tired to process what he was talking about. She only murmured a yeah, eager to fall back to sleep.

Harris tucked himself in beside Evangeline. Evangeline's back was turned towards him. He reminisced once again the feeling of her soft bed and being engulfed in the sweet scent of vanilla and apples.

Evangeline stirred a bit from feeling like she was being flipped around. Her head now lay on a harder pillow, but she didn't complain. She liked this harder pillow. Another hard pillow lay over her waist and lulled her to sleep.

It was the best sleep she'd ever had, and the same can be said for Harris.

•••

I groggily stirred in my sleep. This pillow was great. It was warm and a bit hard unlike my other pillows that were too soft for my liking.

"Hmm I love this pillow." I whispered as I rubbed my eye. I moved higher up the pillow and kissed it.

The fabric of the pillow brushed against my lips as though it was kissing me back. Another hard pillow wrapped around my waist warming me even more. My hand tangled with the pillow's soft locks. This is the life, such comfy pillows.

Then, something wet pushed against my lower lip which jolted my awareness.

Wait... Wet? Brushing against my lips? Locks?

My eyelids flew open to come face to face with what I thought was only a pillow.

Harris laid beside me, my hand in his hair, his lips on mine in a full blown kiss, my head on his chest and his arm around my waist.

I pulled away from his lips and his eyes finally fluttered open meeting my wide-eyed state.

"Well that was an amazing way to wake someone up." He whispered and gave my lips a quick peck.

I was at a loss for words. It took me a few more minutes to process what was going on which gave him the chance for two more pecks before the situation dawned on me.