special raebin chapter

flAshBacKs tO:
[Saturday
01.05.21]

rachel rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, nerves running through her like adrenaline as she waited for the elevator to stop. she stood with clasped hands and a clenched jaw, mind racing with what to say.

after she spoke to chan, and technically felix, she had left the house and made her way to the jyp entertainment building. the receptionist let her straight past after verifying who she was and directed her to where the elevators were. changbin was confirmed to have come into the studio that day, and hadn't checked out so he was definitely still there.

a gentle 'ping' sound drew her from her thoughts, the elevator stopping at the needed floor and she gulped nervously. she hadn't planned what to say, do, anything. all she knew was to find changbin.

the doors opened and rachel lifted her gaze from the floor as she was about to step out but stopped once she recognised the male standing on the other side of the doorway.

he stood dressed in full black, as usual, with headphones in and hood up. his eyes widened when he noticed who was stood in front of him and they just stood in silence, unmoving before a beep was heard and he grasped her wrist gently, pulling her past the elevator door so they stood next to each other in the corridor.

"the, um- the elevator doors were closing." he spoke, not looking at the female who wouldn't take her eyes off of him.

"changbin." she mumbled.

"rachel." he cleared his throat, letting go of her wrist only to have her grasp his instead.

"can we talk?" rachel asked. changbin paused, glancing from the floor to her hopeful eyes then back to the floor again. hesitantly, he nodded. rachel smiled at the male that was the tiniest bit shorter than her pressed the button for the elevator to come back, gently pulling him with her once it arrived.

——

"so..."

the two young adults walked down the street, without really knowing what to say. they had gotten coffee from the nearest coffee shop and started wondering around the city, not really with any intention of ending up somewhere.

"bin, was what they said in the comments section a while back true?" rachel inquired in a quieter voice than usual.

"well, they say a lot of things in the comments. i don't know what you're on about." changbin laughed awkwardly, avoiding the subject as much as possible.

"that you like me."

changbin stayed silent for a moment. he then sighed and stared at the ground as they walked. "yeah. yeah i do. i'm sorry if you're uncomfortable about it, i really don't want this to change our friendship or anything."

"i want it to change."

"what?" changbin halted in his steps, a surprised gaze held on the girl who stopped shortly after and stood in front of him.

"i said i want our friendship to change." rachel repeated.

"what.. do you mean..?" knowing that his best friend and crush possibly didn't want to continue their friendship was the beginning to changbin's eyes tearing up.

"i don't want to be friends anymore." the brunette spoke. it hurt her to see changbin getting upset, especially since he wasn't the emotional type, and she hoped the next thing she said would make it better.