Chapter Ten: Back to School

It's Sunday night and I'm ironing clothes for school. My school bag is packed and ready. It feels like I'm getting ready for my first day of high school all over again. I'm pretty excited and so is Brenda. I set my alarm clock for 6 am because I have to be at school for registration at 7:30 and class starts at nine. So I went to bed early. The next morning I woke up and heard my alarm go off. I got up and took a shower and Brenda was in the kitchen making coffee. I changed into my clothes for school. I wore a red plaid shirt, dark blue jeans, and light brown timberlands. I rolled up my sleeves, brushed my hair and splashed on some cologne. I grabbed my paperwork that I received in the mail, my wallet and my keys. I went into the kitchen and put my schoolbag on the chair.

Me: Mmm! That coffee smells delicious, baby!

Brenda: Thank you. You want me to make you some breakfast before you go?

Me: Sure. I'm in the mood for some grits, bacon, eggs, and toast.

Brenda: I'll have it ready in twenty minutes.

I sat at the table and drank my coffee. Sam walks in all dressed up and ready for school. I noticed she had a smile on her face.

Me: You ready for the first day of school?

Sam: Yep! I have orientation this morning, then I can start my classes right away.

Me: Me too! Hey, baby, I got to get out of here in a few minutes! Is the food ready yet?

Brenda: Yeah, it's ready.

I fixed my plate and dug in. The food was so good and I had no idea Brenda can throw down like that. I finished all of my breakfast and grabbed my school bag. I kissed Brenda goodbye.

Me: Breakfast was delicious! Bye baby! I'll see you later.

Sam: Bye!

Brenda: Bye!

I drove and Sam rode with me to school. I dropped Sam off at school first, then I went to school on time. Man, there were a lot of people there and I went into the office with my paperwork. I received my i.d., my schedule of classes that I was supposed to take, and a map of the school. So I even went to the bookstore to pay for my books. I'm taking Business Math, English Literature I, Physics, (my favorite subject) and History 101. I paid for my books and put them in my backpack. I went to class and sat in front of the room. Now the class has begun.

Sam's POV

I went to the office to get my schedule because there was a mix-up with one of my classes. I was supposed to be taking welding classes, but I changed my mind and decided to do classes for electricians instead. So Now, I have finance math and I was given a book on Pre - electrician and a workbook. I had to study everything I know in order to move on to the advanced electrician book that also comes with a workbook too. I know I'm gonna study hard for this besides my girl's counting on me to pass my classes.

Six hours later......

I left school and picked up Sam then we went to Daiquiri's for a treat. I went home and Brenda's car was still there. I wondered what she was doing here because she's supposed to be at work. So I went inside and She was asleep on the couch.