Chapter Three: The Search Begins

Sam's POV

The next day, I woke up and began looking for an apartment to rent. I took a shower and changed my clothes. When I was done, Charlie had woken up.

Me: Good Morning, Sleepyhead! I'm going downstairs to get some coffee. I'll be back.

Charlie: Bring me some back, too!

Me: Okay.

I took an elevator and made it to the first floor. Then I went walking passed the lobby to grab some coffee. I noticed that breakfast was served in the lobby. I made myself some coffee, then I grabbed some breakfast and went back upstairs. I knocked on the door and Charlie let me in.

Charlie: Thanks for the coffee, but where's my food?

Me: Charlie! You can get your own food!

Charlie: Alright! Where did you get it?

Me: Downstairs, right past the lobby.

Charlie: Thanks! Hey! I circled some apartments that we can check out. Just write the addresses on that notepad right there.

Me: Okay.

So Charlie left and I ate my breakfast. Then I wrote the addresses down on the notepad. Then Charlie came back and ate his breakfast.

Me: Charlie, How much cash you got left?

Charlie: Well, I got about a two hundred left in my wallet. What about you?

Me: About 400 dollars. I still have my ATM card. I got about a four grand on it.

Charlie: I got about 5 grand on mine. I'm gonna need a job if I want this surgery.

Me: Do you have any idea how much it's gonna cost?

Charlie: No, but I'll do some research on it when we get back. So let's get out of here and see what this city has to offer.

Me: I'm ready to roll!

So we left the hotel and got in the car. Charlie drove to the first apartment that was on the list. When we got there, a man approached us and said that he was the landlord. He showed us the apartment and we looked around to make sure nothing was broken or dirty.

Me: Ugh, this apartment is nasty!

Charlie: I know! Is that a rat over there?!

Landlord: The rent is gonna be about 700 dollars.

Charlie: $700 dollars?! Oh Hell Naw! Sam, let's get the hell out this dump!

Me: I'm right behind you.

We drove away from the apartment and went to the next address on the list. Soon we arrived to the apartments. They look a lot nicer than the other apartment we were looking at.

Charlie: Man, this is nice!

Me: But can we afford it?

Charlie: I'll ask.

So we went inside the office of the apartments and asked for the landlord. So the landlord came out and showed us the apartment he was renting.

Charlie: This is real nice!

Me: I like it!

Charlie: So how much is the rent here?

Landlord: $300 dollars.

Charlie: Not a bad price. What do you think, Sam?

Me: Well, I think we can afford it, but let's check the other apartments to be sure.