Chapter Fourteen: Who Am I?

Previously at Brenda's house......

All I can say was, "What the hell?" I saw my bags packed by the door and Brenda had been drinking. She also had been crying too.  

Me: Why are my bags packed?

Brenda: Because you are not staying here tonight!

Me: What?! Why?

Brenda: I wanted to find your baby pictures because I was curious of what you looked like as a baby. So I looked everywhere for your pictures. Then I went into your drawer and found this. A box and an envelope. I opened it a found a picture of a little girl that looked exactly like you! My first reaction was that you were cheating on me with another woman and got her pregnant.  I decided to call Sam to see if was all true, but she tells me something entirely different. So this girl in the picture is supposed to be you?!

Me: Yes, it's me. Please let me explain!

Brenda: Explain what? You lied to me for four years! I don't even know who you are or who I married. I'm so damn pissed and I don't want you here anymore! Now get the hell out of my house!

Me: Brenda, please---

Brenda: I said get out now!

Me: Can I see my son?

Brenda: Hell no!

I grabbed my bags and left the house. I got into my car and went back to my old apartment.  I used the key I had to get in and Sam was watching TV. I stood there with my bags in my hands and tears running down my face. Sam didn't say a word and took the bags out of my hands. I sat on the couch and cried my eyes out. 

Three weeks later.....

Brenda hasn't called and I missed my wife. I missed my son too. I finally decided that I was gonna explain everything to Brenda. I want my family back and I want Brenda to trust me again.  I haven't been going to work for the past couple of days and I've been depressed. I have been drinking to ease the pain. 

Sam's POV

Sam: This is getting ridiculous! All you do is sit around and drink. I'm tired of seeing you moping around. You need to do something about your marriage with Brenda. 

Me: I know, Sam. I'm gonna tell her everything just as she calls me.

Sam: (sighs) I hope she does. You're starting to stink up my house! Look, I gonna make you a cup of coffee and you're going to take a shower. 

Me: All right!

Sam: Soon as I finished this coffee, I'm gonna go to work. 

Me: Bye!

I made the coffee and left the house. I went to work. I'm so glad that I'm no longer working extra shifts anymore. I enjoy working at the company I'm in. I hope to be manager in two years, but for not I'm working with electrical wires and plugs. I still had some time to get to work so I decided to go to the gas station to fill my gas tank, then I'll buy some snacks and a drink for a break later at work. When I arrived at the gas station, I noticed Morgan's car parked out front. I put the gas pump in the car and I went inside to pay for the gas. I saw Morgan behind a cash register. I had no idea that she worked here. So I grabbed some chips, candy, and some sodas. 

Morgan: Hey, Sam! 

Me: Hey! I didn't know you worked here.

Morgan: It's just part-time and I pay my bills. You know how it is. So what's up with you?