Chapter 13: Secrets and Lies

A week later.....

Brenda and I came back home from our honeymoon and Brenda's mom bought the baby to our new house. We had fun on our trip and I wished it didn't end, but I'd miss my baby boy too much. I was so glad to see C.J. again. He's getting so big. I love it when he smiles. It melts my heart. I went back to school and Brenda went back to work. So Brenda hired a babysitter for C.J. because there's no one home during the day. I've been thinking that everything's so perfect then maybe I don't have to tell Brenda my secret anymore. Maybe I should keep it all to myself and I did until everything changed.

Four years later....

Sam and I have graduated from college. She's working for a company and making big bucks. As for me, I finally found the perfect shop for my business. I had some help setting the place up. Business is doing good now. My son is now four years old. He's quite a handful. I can't believe he'll be starting kindergarten next year. Everything was all good until, I got very sick. I woke up with an ache in my right side and I felt very hot. I figured I had a fever, so I told Brenda and she checked my temperature. It was 102 degrees. So I went back to bed and I was in pain all day. Suddenly I felt nauseous and I ran to the bathroom. I threw up and I felt like I was burning up. I called for Brenda and she checked my temperature again. It was now a 104 degrees. Brenda rushed me to the emergency room and called Sam to watch c.j. for a while. I never felt like this before. The doctor told me I had appendicitis and they need to do emergency surgery right away. Next thing I know, everything went black.

Brenda's POV

I waited in the waiting area for the doctor to tell me some news about Charlie's condition. I hope he's okay. I love him so much and I can't imagine my life without him. The doctor approached me and told me about my husband's condition.

Doctor: your husband had appendicitis so we had to do an emergency surgery right away.

Me: is he okay?

Doctor: yes. His fever was high and he lost some blood when we removed the appendix. He's gonna need blood right away. Then we're going to give him some antibiotics to help bring his fever down.

Brenda: I can give him some blood.

Doctor: Then follow nurse Clark. She'll draw blood from you.

Me: thank you.

I went into the room with Nurse Clark and I sat in a chair. She strapped my arm to the chair, then she began to draw blood from me. 

Nurse: Charles' blood type is Type O and you are a perfect match!

Me: I knew that when I fell in love with him.

Nurse: You got yourself a good man and he's in good hands.

Me: Thank you so much.

I went back to the waiting area and waited for the doctor to tell me if I could see Charlie. While I was waiting I called Sam to let her know what was going on.

Me: Hello, Sam! 

Sam: Hi! Is Charlie ok?!

Me: Calm down. He's fine. He had appendicitis and he lost some blood. I gave some blood and we're a perfect match. Also, they said that he still has a fever, so they are giving him some antibiotics to bring it down. He's gonna be fine.

Sam: Thanks for telling me. I'm like a wreck over here and C.J.'s crying for his daddy. I just put him to bed and told him that he could see him in the morning.

Me: Don't worry. Both of you can come and see him in the morning.

Sam: Thanks. We'll see you then.