Chapter seven: Date Night

I spent the whole afternoon planning a romantic dinner for Brenda. I want it to be special. So Sam is getting ready for work. She has to work the night shift and she won't be back until 2 in the morning. I took another shower and put on some sweats. I didn't want my clothes to get dirty while I'm cooking. So I decided to make some chicken-stir-fry. I got all my ingredients out and began to chop and season them. I added olive oil to the pan and tossed the veggies and chicken into the skillet. Once everything was cooked, I added some soy sauce, and other seasonings to the skillet. I heard footsteps in the living and the door opened. It was Sam.

Sam: Damn, it smells so good in here! I got to get to work and I'll be back tomorrow morning.

Me: Why?

Sam: 'Cause I'm staying with Diane tonight at her place. Who knows? It might get a little freaky tonight! (Laughs)

Me: You are so nasty!

Sam: Well, it ain't like you getting freaky with Brenda!

Me: Well, uh.....

Sam: (gasps) You didn't?! For Real?!

Me: (laughs) Man, it was amazing and I'm glad I didn't regret this surgery.

Sam: (laughs) Well, I got to get to work and I wanna know all the details when I get back.

Me: We'll see about that! Later, Sam!

Sam: Hey, you got condoms, right?

Me: Yeah, I got some! Man get outta here!

Sam: (laughs) Alright!

I heard Sam leave and the food was almost done. I grabbed the champagne from the freezer and grabbed a bucket. I added some ice in there then I put the bottle in the ice bucket. I made some dessert, chocolate covered strawberries. I put them in the freezer so the chocolate will be cool to eat. So I went in my bedroom and changed my clothes. Then once I was dressed, I went back into the kitchen and set the table. Then I got some candles and put them on the table. I bought the champagne to the table. The table was beautiful and I picked out some mood music. I put the stir-fry into a big bowl. I also made some salad and some dinner rolls. It's almost seven and Brenda called earlier and said that she was on her way. I took the chocolate covered strawberries out of the freezer and let it thaw out a bit then put it at bottom of the icebox to stay soft but firm. So everything was prepared and there was a knock at the door. I grabbed my breath spray out my pocket and spray some mint in my mouth. I straightened my clothes a bit and I opened the door.

Me: Hey baby!

Brenda: Hi!

Me: Come on in and have a seat.

Brenda: It's beautiful in here and so romantic.

Me: Thanks. I worked hard planning this for you.

Brenda: You are so sweet.

Me: (laughs) I try. You hungry?

Brenda: Yes and something smells delicious.

Me: Well, come on in the kitchen.

I grabbed Brenda by the hand and led her into the kitchen to the dinner table. Brenda was surprised to see a candlelight dinner. She smiled and I pulled her chair out for her. She sat down and I sat down. We fixed our plates and I poured the champagne into the glasses. First, we ate our salad, then the stir-fry with bread. Brenda loved it and I was extremely happy.

Brenda: Babe, this food was delicious and I can't wait for dessert.

Me: Okay, but first I gotta wash the dishes.