Chapter Nine: Moving Day

Brenda planned to move in with me this weekend and I still had to tell Sam the news. Today is the best day of my life. The sun was shining and we went out for a ride and then we ate out for lunch. Then we did some shopping for a bit. I love spending time with Brenda. We laughed and talked about our future. We have yet to set a date for the wedding. We got plenty of time for that and I realized it was almost two in the afternoon. I had to get back home and get dressed for work. I have to be there at three. I really didn't feel like going to work today. I rather spend my entire day with my beautiful fiance' but I got to pay the bills and of course my medical bills also. I don't get off until midnight. So I drove back home and Brenda had to leave. I went into the house to change into my uniform. I heard a knock on the door while I was changing so I opened the door and it was Sam.

Me: Damn, Sam! Why haven't you used your key?

Sam: I left my key here and I came back to get it.

Me: You're going somewhere?

Sam: Yep, Me and my boo are going out tonight.

Me: Well, I gotta work but if you planning on bringing her back here, there's something you should know. My couch and my bedroom are off-limits. I do not want y'all get freaky on my couch or my bed!

Sam: We won't and besides this is my house too! Don't forget that!

Me: Before I go, let me tell you this right quick. Brenda said yes! I'm getting married and Brenda's moving in this weekend.

Sam: That's great, man!

Me: I'm the happiest man on earth!

Sam: I can't wait to throw your bachelor party!

Me: No strippers, Sam!

Sam: Aww! Come On! It ain't a party without the strippers.

Me: I said no, Sam!

Sam: Fine! I'll take care of the food and beverages.

Me: Okay! That's cool!

Sam: I gotta shower and Diane's picking me up.

Me: I got to get to work. Later Sam!

Sam: Later!

Sam's POV

I took a shower and changed into my outfit for the night. Diane came and picked me up. We went to this new club called Lexington Club. Girls were drinking, smoking and dancing. Studs were all hugged up on their women because they were so afraid somebody might take them. I saw some studs dancing and talking to several girls at one time and they are what I call Players. Man, I can't believe there are so many beautiful women everywhere. I had to make sure I wasn't staring at them too long cause otherwise Diane would smack me upside my damn head. So I ordered us a couple of drinks. I walked to the bar and ordered some tequila shots. I drank one and damn near coughed because it was tingling my throat.

Diane: You okay, baby?

Me: (coughs) Yeah! It's just a little strong! Next time I'll try not to drink too fast.

Diane: Ok. You wanna dance with me?

Me: Okay! But first let me order a beer.

So I ordered a cold beer, then I took Diane by the hand towards the dance floor. We danced and laughed with each other. We were having a good time.

Charlie's POV

I went to work with a big smile on my face. I whistled a tune as I worked. I was so happy and my co-workers were staring at me. They were wondering why I was smiling so much, but I didn't care. I continued to stock cans on the shelves. So I worked until 8pm then I took a break and I bought myself a sandwich, a big of Cheetos, and a coke. So I sat down to eat in the break room with the others. I took a big bite out of my sandwich and my co-worker Andy looked at me.