Chapter Eleven: Wedding Plans

It's been a whole month since I found out that I was gonna be a daddy. Brenda has been walking around with a baby bump. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. Brenda wanted to keep it a surprise. Sam is so excited about being an Auntie. It seems that Brenda has passed the first trimester already and she hasn't had any morning sickness lately. I've only been in school for two months now. We've been working on some wedding plans and we want to have the wedding after the baby is born. Now that Brenda is pregnant, I'm going to have to get another job. I could ask for my old job back and I don't know how I can do all that and school. It's all happening too fast for me. I'm gonna have to make a schedule to plan things so things won't be so complicated and overwhelming for me.

Sam: Man, I can't wait when the baby comes! I'm gonna spoil him.

Brenda: Or Her. What do you think it's going to be?

Me: Probably a boy. If it's a girl, I hope she's pretty like her mama.

Brenda: Aww! Baby, that's so sweet. I was looking at this house online and...

Me: Excuse me, but can we afford it?

Brenda: It's only $80,000.

Me: I can't afford that, baby.

Brenda: We need an extra room for the baby.

Me: That's true, but still we cannot afford that much.

Brenda: You're forgetting that I'm a lawyer. I do make a lot of money.

Me: (sighs) Alright then, you buy the house and but I want to see what it look like.

Brenda: Okay, Here's a picture of it.

Me: Damn, baby! This is a nice house and that big-ass backyard! Ooh, Sam! Think of all the BBQs and parties, we could have in that yard.

Sam: (laughs) And a Jacuzzi too!

Brenda and I: A Jacuzzi?!

Sam: What's wrong with that?

Me: It's does sound good to me. Think of all the romantic things we could do in it.

Brenda: Okay, a Jacuzzi sounds like a good idea.

Sam: y'all nasty! Maybe a Jacuzzi wasn't a good idea.

Me: you bought it up. What about you and Diane.

Sam: on second thought, buy the jacuzzi then.

Me: (laughs) oh we will!

Brenda: I wanna get started on the wedding plans before the baby comes. I'll call my mother and sister to help me find a wedding dress, flowers, a d.j., food, a church to get married in and a hall for our wedding party afterwards. Is your mom coming to the wedding, Charlie?

My eyes widen when she asked me if my mother was coming to the wedding. My mother doesn't even know I'm a man now besides, she wouldn't even recognize me. I'm scared to tell my mother about who I am. I can't invite her to the wedding. I can't my secret coming out yet.

Brenda: babe?

Me: no, my mother is not coming to the wedding.

Brenda: why?

I don't like lying to Brenda but I had to. I mean what other choice do I have. So I told another white lie.

Me: I never liked to talk about it, but uh, my mother is very sick and she can't come.

Brenda: how sick is she?

Me: she has lung cancer.

Sam gave me a look and shook her head.