fifty eight

CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHTA DEATH OF A HERO

CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
A DEATH OF A HERO

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Wanda was by the siblings' side in an instant

Wanda was by the siblings' side in an instant. The woman was hugging the boy in the way of greeting since they technically hadn't seen each other since the fight that Steve and Tony supposedly had before Antares returned from Space. A stupid argument if you had asked her. It is an easily won battle too.

"Antares." the girl smiled, a hand outstretched towards the woman.

"You know, I'm now five years older than you." she smiled up at the red-haired which. Antares decided to laugh about their new age gap. It had once been a huge thing that they were only two years apart and were always treated differently despite having similar backgrounds with evil government facilities.

"Shut up." she laughed, reaching out a hand and pulling the dark-skinned girl to her feet.

"Are you okay?" Antares asked, losing all sense of jest from her tone of speech as she pulled the girl into a hug. The two best friends were reuniting under entirely different circumstances. To Wanda, it was like she had only seen Antares an hour ago.

"I will be," she answered, still sore from losing everything. They turned to the oncoming outsiders, her eyes growing dark. "We have the battle to win."

"That we do." Antares held Wanda's hand in hers as she told her brother that she would see him again soon as they too took to flight and landed down next to Carol, a woman Wanda had never met before.

"I don't know how you're going to get through all that," Peter told Carol as he handed her the gauntlet.

"Don't worry." Wanda brushed their oncoming doom aside while Antares placed a reassuring hand on the boy's shoulder.

"She got help," Okoye answered as Pepper landed beside her. Brynhildr and her flying steed landing behind the two magic girls.

"Why don't you go back to Rigel." Antares smiled at the boy. "Let the big girls handle this one."