forty five

CHAPTER FORTY FIVEALIVE

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
ALIVE

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Loki stood by the glass that his brother had confined himself in as Tony and Rigel were fed and Tony was attached to a drip

Loki stood by the glass that his brother had confined himself in as Tony and Rigel were fed and Tony was attached to a drip. Mortal bodies were so easily breakable. Loki was, however, very relieved to see that Antares' brother, Rigel, was alive and... he wasn't well not even in the slightest. He looked ready to break.

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to earth." Rhodey started as a holographic screen displayed faces of their colleges that passed in the snap.

"World governments are in pieces." Natasha continued. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did... He did exactly what he said he was gonna do." Natasha finished, "Thanos whipped out 50% of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked.

Loki looked away, arms crossed as the face of the girl he loved filled the screen. She looked happy in the photo, young. It must've been taken when the Avengers took her and her brother in.

"We don't know." Steve answered. "He just opened a portal and walked through."

Tony just laughed before turning to look at Loki and Thor, he notice that the note Loki had placed earlier (three weeks ago), was still their. He stood straighter, almost absentmindedly as the man's eyes met his before traveling to Thor.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Oh, he's pissed." Rocket answered a chuckle following. "He thinks he failed. Which of course, he did, but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

"You're a little pessimistic for a rodent." Loki laughed at Rocket, knowing the word would annoy him. Rocked hissed at him while he chuckled and looked away.

"Hoenstly, until this very second I though you were a Build-A-Bear." Tony pointed at the creature.

"Maybe I am." Rocket nodded in response.