sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEENTHOR RETURNS

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THOR RETURNS

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

Antares wanted to get away from the crowds of people

Antares wanted to get away from the crowds of people. In little ratios, it was okay or under the right context such as a party or ball as this amount of people could be dealt with. However, when it's just an average day get together, it was too much for the girl who rather stay on her own. She found herself over by the buffet table, she had decided that her excuse to get away was to grab drinks for herself and Loki, all that seemed to be on display though, was any form of alcoholic drink.

The girl smiled to one of the servants, a person who was vibrant blue in colour with bright pink hair which covered her face as she tilted her head downwards. Although with the abnormality of her look, she seemed human-like in comparison to others, the girl was no doubt beautiful.

"Hi, do you by any chance have water?" Antares asked, a hopeful gleam covering her eyes. She asked herself if this planet would even have water but she shook her head, there was one way to find out.

"I don't think so, but I can go look." She smiled, uneasily looking to her left then walking off. Antares also looked to her left as she filled up a wine glass for Loki, she saw the Grandmaster behind his DJ set talking to someone sitting in a chair, the back of it was too high to see who it was.

The girl came back with a glass filled with clear liquid, "This is water?" The girl said, handing over the glass, Antares looked at her with a raised brow. The servent took a quick glance up which allowed Antares to get a good look at her eyes, they were purple with blue accents.

"Loki! Loki, over here!" She heard a familiar loud voice boom. Antares quickly made sure that both glasses were perfect before rushing to Loki's side and once getting closer towards said god, she noticed he was talking quietly to the person who sat in the chair.

When she saw who sat in the chair, the glasses slipped through her fingers as she gasped, the shatter of glass wasn't as loud as she expected, only gaining the attention of the Grandmaster, Loki and Thor.

"Antares!" The blond called loudly with a bright grin, it was bright enough for Antares to find it contagious and smiled foundly at her friend.

"Ah, my Fallen-Angel!" The grandmaster cried, "You wouldn't say that you know this man, would you? He -ah- calls himself the Lord of Thunder."

"God of Thunder," Thor growled he then turned to Loki, "Tell him."

"I've never met this man in my life." Loki chuckled causing Antares to step away from Thor and closer to Loki, she didn't want to get caught out now.

"He's my brother!" Thor cried. "And she's a friend from work."

"Adopted." Loki shook his head with a slight smile. Antares giggled at this before being called upon,

"Angel, what's your line of work?" The grandmaster asked.

Antares looked at Thor who waited for a reply, she then turned to Loki who just shrugged and turned to give the grandmaster a grin, "Antares here is a crime fighter."

"Oh, so he is a fighter and so are you? I could see it in your eyes, feisty." The grandmaster smiled brightly, baring his teeth with a short growl at the end of his sentence causing Antares to grimace at the unwanted flirting, taking another step closer to Loki and holding onto his arm.

"When did you two get all chummy?" Thor asked glaring at his brother.

"Chummy? I'd say they're more than chummy!" The grandmast laughed out looking at the pair as they vigorously shook their heads. The last thing Thor needed to know was that his brother and friend shared a room. "Hey sparkles, here's the deal." The grandmaster started to speak towards Thor, giving the two a reassuring wink before carrying on, "From that asburg ashburg..."

"Asgard!" Thor cut in.

"Yes, that. Any contender who defeats my champion, their freedom they shall win."

"Fine, then point me in the direction of whoevers arse I have to kick!" Thor yelled, fighting against his restaurants.

"That's what I call a contender!" The grandmaster smiled and wiggled his fingers in excitement. "This way Thunder Lord." He pressed a button on a remote which caused the chair to move out of the room, Thor's shouts could be heard as he left.

"Antares, Loki!"

"Well, he's a feisty one, isn't he, Angel." The grandmaster said as he reached out a hand to caresses Antares' face. She grimaced at the oncoming hand but before he could touch her face, Loki stepped in the way.

"If you don't mind us, we must get going." He smiled kindly before grabbing Antares by the wrist and pulling her along. Once again the butterflies erupted in her chest, her cheeks feeling hotter.

"Where are we going?" Antares asked, pulling her arm away from Loki as they entered the hallway. Loki turned around giving her a confused look before he realised he was still holding her wrist, he let go with a slight cough.

"To our chambers, it's the only private place here. We must speak to Thor." Loki asserted.

"You can do that too?" Antares asked with a hopeful glimmer in her eyes.

"Not exactly like yours, I can create a mirage of myself so he can see me and I can see him. Anyone else in the same room will also be able to see me, it's not to just one individual." Loki explained, amused by how intrigued the girl seemed. The word beautiful popped up in his mind again, forcing himself to get rid of such a thought, he turned around, "Let's go."

Antares followed along, not wanting to verbalise what she just felt, a sliver of Loki's mind had just opened up to her, allowing her to access another part of his brain. If this keeps happening, sooner or later his mind will be fully open and will be screaming loud enough for attention that Antares won't be able to stay away.

A.N: We're back on track with the movie now!!