thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWOOH, BROTHER

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
OH, BROTHER

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

Rigel had been in a bad mood lately

Rigel had been in a bad mood lately. He was young and Antares was old, she couldn't go out with him and take him to the movies as she promised because she had to cover a shift at work and no matter how much she tried to explain that they needed the money, he just didn't understand. 

Their father had passed a while back in a car crash taking his eldest son with him and their mother had recently passed away, Antares was the only source of income for herself and her pre-teenage brother, though she tried. Believe me, she tried.

Since they couldn't afford a car, Antares had been lucky to get a job so close to home, meaning she was able to walk back and forth as she pleased. Also working at a supermarket gave her a discount, although small, any money they could save was great. Rigel had taken the job as the man of the house and began to walk Antares home from work during the night, which was where the girl had found him.

He stood out he front of the store, his arms crossed and lips pouted and he wanted her to think he was still mad for blowing him off, but he knew just how lucky he was to have her whether she kept to her promises or not.

Though in all due time, luck runs out. On their walk home, Antares and Rigel had been knocked to the ground, pain being sent through their heads as they were knocked unconscious by a rock, or was it a fist?

The two siblings had been watched for quite some time now, there was something off about her heat signature that would cause the hydra devices to go haywire and they knew if they wanted her, they'd have to grab the young boy as well, so they did.

The two were experimented on until the entity inside Antares was awakened and Rigel showed signs of greater strength, agility and stealth. The two becoming hydra's weapons, along with the man who had been introduced as 'The Winter Soldier'.

Antares a Rigel were given missions that would cause the two more harm to themselves than to others, unlike the Winter Soldier, those who worked to create the two did not need to wipe their memories as wiping them would cause great harm to whatever they had learnt with dealing with their powers.

It wasn't after they were captured and experimented on did the two escape, It's seemed too easy as if they were allowed to escape, as though they wanted to see what they would do when out in the real world. The two were treated like street rats from that point onwards, Rigel was only young at the time and to be put through so much, it hurt Antares heart to know that it was her fault, they only wanted her after all, however his gained ability was just a fluke and good luck on their behalf.

It wasn't long until Antares' powers started to act up and that Rigel was put into even more danger by even being anywhere near his own sister, the girl who practically raised him and cared for him was now a hazard. She was a danger to those around her. They needed to get help, and quickly.

Help soon came in the way of a woman who seemed older than Antares, she was strong in nature and held herself well. Rigel had no other choice but to trust the woman named Maria Hill. And he followed as they were taken towards New York, the building once known as Stark Towers had since changed to the Avengers tower, whoever they were.

There the two siblings were meet with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.

Rigel and Tony became enemy's quickly as the man treated him like a two-year-old and there was nothing Rigel hated more than to be treated like a child. You grow up quick when you're turned into a hydra assasin.  Though Bruce was nice, Rigel liked him very much and he could tell that so did his sister. Antares was finnaly able to get better thanks to the man who turned into a giant green beast, the two quickly becoming apart of the Avengers and quickly after their first real mission, Rigel would be no more.

Antares and Rigel had built up a new family, one that Antares didn't realise that if anything was to happen to Rigel then she'd still have so many people to love and support her. She had caused too much sadness in her family to believe she deserved a new one but she did, everyone deserved a second chance, that was something their mother had taught them.

It wasn't until a certain day did Antares finnaly realise that yes, the Avengers where her new family. They were people to always be there for her no matter what, they would trust her and her decisions, they were not afraid.

That certain day was when Antares sat at the dinner table at Clint's house, Natasha to one side of her and Rigel to the other, the kids were off playing in the field and Antares was explaining what life was like with her parents before their inevitable death. The subject is brought up by Laura who was asking about her life as a child.

"After our mum passed away, we really had no one to fall back on. Rigel and I don't really have any family left in this world." She smiled, the topic of her lack of family never really brought her much sadness anymore, she was used to it.

"I don't know if that's true anymore," Clint spoke up from his spot in the kitchen as he was cleaning the dishes, both Rigel and Antares' help being refused.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Antares," Rigel let out a laugh from her side as Nat patted her shoulder, "No matter what; the avengers are our family."

Then it finally sunk in, how did it take that long for her to realise just how much everyone cared for her and how much she cared for everyone else too. A smile graced her face as she thought of it, giving a small nod.

"Yeah, I guess they are our family."