forty two

CHAPTER FORTY TWOSOUL STONE

CHAPTER FORTY TWO
SOUL STONE

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Antares stood looking down at a little girl who looked much like her eight-year-old self

Antares stood looking down at a little girl who looked much like her eight-year-old self. There was nothing in this world, nothing apart from her and her hallucinations. It had only been days since she was trapped alone in this soul world; however today was the first time her mind had conjured up something else - someone else.

"Who are you?" Her voice rattled across the open space as her eyes closed to slits as she glared down at the child before her. Arms crossed in a defensive stance.

"I am you." The voice replied, however the girl's mouth did not move, her facial features remaining stoic.

"I see that." Antares scoffed, her eyes rolling as she couldn't help but think of this all as a joke. Man, she really must be bored. "But Who are you?"

"I am something much darker."

"Right." She dragged the word out, confused of the entertainment her mind had conjured. She was starting to go insane. "And I am what, exactly?"

"You are my prey."

Her eyes widened in surprise, "Okay, cool." She took a tentative step back, looking the harmless child up and down, "So get it over with then. Death seems better then whatever this is."

"This is death." The voice continued, "When the Titan, Thanos, collected all stones, he used them to wipe out half of the universe's population. And in doing so, took you with it."

Antares was in utter dispare, she knew that much was true. She remembered her final moments, the pain that held within Loki's eyes as they said goodbye.

"And this is?"

"You're trapped in the soul stone, among all others who came to pass in the snap."

"Then where are they?"

"Unseeable."

"What?" Her voice raised as she became more enraged, more scared. She was confused and didn't know how to get out. She wanted out. "How do I get out?"