twenty nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINELOVE CONFESSIONS

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
LOVE CONFESSIONS

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

Loki sat hunched over a bed, his body relaxed as he slept peacefully by the girl's side

Loki sat hunched over a bed, his body relaxed as he slept peacefully by the girl's side. His hand held hers in his as if that was the only thing keeping her from slipping into a deeper sleep. Her body was still, it had been for the last couple of days. No one knew when she would wake, or if she would. Everything was left to luck.

The man couldn't help but blame himself, only if he was quicker to resurrecting Surtur. Perhaps if he was there for her, to stop her from slipping into a state where she was no longer in control of her own body. Yet no one truely knew the extent of the Phoenix Force, no one knew exactly how damaging it could be towards its host. The entity was slowly killing her from the inside out.

Thor, Bruce and Brynhildr checked on the girl every second they could, but everyone was so busy with getting everything in order that it was hard to keep up and stay with the girl. Loki, on the other hand, hadn't left her side. Thor had urged the man to eat but he couldn't bring himself to try. Food, it was a luxury that they could hardly afford, the ship did not provide provisions and the villagers had been so scared that the last thing on their mind was to grab food or water.

Since Loki had been cooped up within Antares' room, there was no time for others to get accustomed to him being there. They all knew that he was there, they just didn't know why. No one was told that it was Antares who had killed Hella, no one would believe them anyway and even if they did, they would grow scared of her and what she was capable of.

Antares' mind had been filled so quickly with multiple moments from her past that when they finally stopped, her body was jolted into a sitting up position, a loud horse scream leaving her mouth and her eyes wide open. Waking, brought a new sense of pain, she had full control over her body yet she could still feel the force ripping her to pieces.

Loki woke to the scream, his eyes going wide in surprise that the girl had finally woken. He moved from his seat to the bed, wrapping his arms around her in an instant, allowing the girl to cling to his body as she cried, "It hurts, please make the pain go away!"