twelve

CHAPTER TWELVEFEAR CREATES HATE

CHAPTER TWELVE
FEAR CREATES HATE

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

The two slept peacefully as they sat side by side, not noticing how Antares tossed in her sleep, turning closer towards the male and how he spread out, normally having the bed to himself

The two slept peacefully as they sat side by side, not noticing how Antares tossed in her sleep, turning closer towards the male and how he spread out, normally having the bed to himself. In the morning when the two were to be awake, Loki would find that his arm hand travelled under Antares while the girl would still be above the covers, her arms resting across the male's chest. Which was exactly how Antares woke, her back hurting from the unevenness of the mattress which brought her to realise she had never moved from the bed.

Upon noticing her position, she quickly stumbled out of the bed before quickly making her way to the bathroom to clean herself up and get changed, hoping to god that Loki too wasn't awake. How embarrassing it would be.

When she had dried off and changed, also fixing up her hair, Antares left the bathroom in a long red gown that reminded her of medieval royalty from books and shows. She found the room to be empty, so she took this as her chance to go exploring again see if she could try to get back into the grandmasters garage, but she couldn't and realised that he's probably got it under lock and key.

Sadly, Antares walked back to the main lounge where she saw Loki speaking to the Grandmaster, a few girls fawning over the pair. She noticed how the older man stood uncomfotably close to Loki and how his body language was almost flirtatious.

Was the Grandmaster Bisexual?

She quickly shook the thought out of her head before making her way to the small food table and grabbing something to eat as she hadn't had breakfast yet. While she was there she also grabbed three glasses, two of which here alcoholic in some way and the other hopefully not so much. She walked over to the pair, greeting them with large smiled and hellos before handing the two alcoholic glasses over to the men.

"Ah, my little, Fallen-Angel," the Grandmaster smiled taking a sip of the beverage, "You know me so well."

"I do try." Antares only smiled with a small nod.

The Grandmaster began to make conversation with the two before Loki seemed to inch closer to the female. Her thoughts were clouded with images from this morning, although it was innocent in nature, she couldn't help the feeling of a blush that crossed her feature, the heat in the room rising. Her heart speed up faster and Antares wasn't sure if she was scared or what.

"I was speaking to the Grandmaster earlier," the male whispered into her ear, his lips dangerously close to her ear lobe but it was the only way for him to speak without the Grandmaster hearing. "We exchanged small details and codes."

Antares' face turned towards the male, not forgetting to take a step back so no accidents happened, "You mean..." she bought her hands in front of her as if she was controlling a ship and Loki nodded. "That's brilliant!" She whispered back, her excitement forgetting the way her heart raced when they were close.

"Ah, that's Brandy, I must go say hi. I do apologise." The Grandmaster excused himself from his rambling, the two were left alone allowing them to take a step back and speak at a normal frequency.

"So what is it? I can help you with the codes and we can both get out of this god forsaken plannet where you can go back to looking for your friend and I'll find another place to rule."

Antares was excited, to say the least, she had a chance to get out and Loki was even willing to help her but Thor flashed across her mind, he hadn't shown up yet. If she did leave, where would she go? She hadn't given much thought to why she was leaving just how she would leave and now she's stuck with a decision she didn't realise she had.

What if Thor was on Saakar and they would just be leaving him here alone. How could she do that to him, he is still her friend. But what if he was with Hella, Loki didn't want to go back and she didn't want to go to Asgard on her own. Her first time to Asgard was only the other week and now she's stuck here.

"Oh and also..." the Grandmaster had come back after a quick realisation that he forgot to inform the two on the events the next day but upon seeing Antares conflicted features and Loki's -almost- upset one, he paused, "Am I interrupting something?"

"No, no. Please go on." Antares quickly shook out of her thoughts and smiled curtly towards the Grandmaster who's false worry quickly turned into a smile.

"The start of next week, we shall hold a ball. The grand Saakar ball happens once a month and I have had my most trusted seamstresses create your gown and tux, I do hope you can make it."

"It would be our pleasure," Antares answered taking Loki of guard, when the Grandmaster nodded and walked away, Loki quickly turned towards the girl and gave her a wavering look.

"Didn't you want to..."

"Why don't we stick it out for a few more days? We've already been here for almost a week, what can a couple more days do? Besides, if we do leave... where would we go?" Antares asked, shocking the male.

"I didn't realise there was a 'we' involved," he quickly mumbled. "I thought this was what you wanted?"

"It was but, not anymore... I don't know it's really confusing." Antares mumbled out, angry with herself for not knowing her feelings. "I just... Thor hasn't shown up, he could be lost out there or battling Hella on his own but I don't want to be the one to show up when he's not there, it's not my fight."

"It's not," Loki agreed. "But wherever Thor is, no one knows. Whether you want to leave or not can't be based on my imbecile of a brother."

"Why to you detest him so much? he has only ever loved you." Antares asked causing Loki to grumble and walk away, but this was a question she's needed the answer to for so long, so she ran after him, jumping in front with her arms out so he couldn't move. "How can you hate your brother?"

"I don't hate him," Loki answered and tried to walk away.

"That's not an answer, explain yourself. Why are you so quick to run away from a fight? You hide away and you pretended to die right in front of your brother's eyes, I've seen my brother die before me, it's not a pretty sight. You care so little yet here you are, ready to help me steal a ship, but why?"

Loki grabbed the girl by the arm and moved her into the hallway where there was no one to over listen or watch the two make a scene. Did he really want to answer to this girl? No. Then why was he doing it? Because he couldn't say no, for some darn reason he just couldn't.

"I don't hate my brother, I hate those who worship him, I hate my 'father' from stealing me away from my home as an infant, raising me as the older male in the family yet knowing that I'd never get the throne, giving everything to Thor and nothing to me. I hate a lot of things but my brother isn't one of them, I am not the villain in this story."

"You could've fooled me." She smiled, coping his words from last night.

"I died to help him if he hadn't seen my passing he wouldn't be where he is now-"

"He also would've gone back to Asgard a lot quicker if he knew you were there, alive." Antares sighed.

"I am not a villain but I am a monster, I am this way because I am broken and I am not from the golden race of Asgard but instead I am a cold frost giant. I only wish to help if it helps me in some way, after all, I am the God of mischief."