Chapter 6- Trouble in Houndsworth

Two weeks seemed to go by fast, i remember when i asked Sebastian about the ball "I'm sorry but there is a reason why i enjoy this contract its taking a while and the council knows i'm dedicated to my work" was all he had to say so it was a big no. I found out the young earl was going to a place on again the queen's order a town called Houndsworth.

It couldn't be more oppertune, thats exactly where the ball was behind held. Sebastian being so close to the ball, surely he could take one evening off i would just have to give him a reason to go.

I had packed a day before while Bard and Finny got the carriages ready, in the morning they would have to get up early to hook up the horses. Mey-rin appeared in my doorway "this is the first time the master had brought us anywhere yes it is!" i laughed at her enthusiasm there was a different reason why they were being brought but i kept my mouth closed.

I had to chuckle though, even when i'm careful i still hear what Ciel tells Sebastian. What made me laugh was how uncomfortable Sebastian was about going to a village that humans kept mainly dogs due to the fact he loves cats. The fact that the queen wanted to stop this so called dog-baiting intrigued me a little.

I didn't want to sit in the carriage with Ciel nor was there room that i could sit with my brother so i got in the wagon that the other servants were in "why aren't you sitting in the carriage milady?" Finny asked me. I stared at the gardener and smiled gently "i didn't want to crowd him" i told him while playing with the loose strand of silver hair i glanced up to see Sebastian staring at me with one crimson eye while his head was slightly turned i just shrugged at him before turning my gaze away. 

We saw an old woman struggling with a carriage, Finny got out to help her lifting the carriage above his head despite Bard and Mey-Rin's protests. "I hope the baby is alrigh..." i looked down to see a skeletal head that didn't look human "there is no baby anymore it was eaten" she started chanting while walking away. Ciel explained that's why we were in Houndsworth due to the fact villagers were vanishing or killed.

We finally made our way to the town with a huge lake beside it. The waters glittered in the sun and it started to look friendly. We came across a man who was hugging a dog "that man there is using a reward and punishment method to control the dog, i find cats to be more characteristic" Sebastian had commented "and whats wrong with dogs dear brother?" i asked him grinning "Not a thing, but while i love cats, i can't stand dogs who welcome the chain around it's neck to be perfectly frank i hate them" He retorted "woof!" Ciel barked making me laugh a little i knew the reason why he woofed it was because he was referred as the Queen's guard dog.

We got to a quaint mansion where a maid came out, she had short hair the same color as mine pale skin and she wore a purple and white maid's uniform her eyes light purple a small white maid's hat on her head. I looked at Finny and could tell he was in love. "is this the Earl Phantomhive?" she asked Sebastian "yes it is" he replied "Welcome to Barrymore Manor" she smiled while my brother stared at her i wished i knew what he was thinking.

We were shown rooms while Angela as she introduced herself took Sebastian and Ciel to the study. I helped Finny, Bard, Tanaka and Mey Rin with the luggage while they insisted that this wasn't a job required of a noblewoman. I sat in my bedroom looking at the black corset ballgown laying on my bed i had grown accustomed to wearing colors while on the human plane unlike my brother who was true to the color black. 

The dress seemed plain when before it was stunning. It was off shoulder near the waist was a bunch of fabric. It wasn't too flashy but still looked good on me. Beside it was a black satin choker with a single diamond hanging from it the size of a thumb nail. The heels were old fashioned black mary janes. It was a perfect outfit, when Sebastian and Ciel were finished with Lord Barrymore who had apparently insulted the young earl by calling him a chihuahua i tried to reason with Sebastian again.

"Brother may i come in?" after i had knocked "yes come in Selcura" i walked in wearing everything even adding a large black feather into my bun a long bang was left loose for tonight was the ball "is there anything i can do to persuade you to accompany me to the ball Lord Barrymore isn't gonna plan his devious trick until tomorrow night" i asked sweetly "no i'm sorry but i cannot leave my young master's side" Sebastian looked outside "well its a shame, i guess i'll have to deal with all the male demons flirting with me and possibly putting their hands where they don't belong" i looked at him from the corner of my eye after i had turned slightly. Sebastian snapped his head in my direction eyes glowing and slitted. He stormed off towards Ciel's chambers and i smiled out of victory. I knew how protective he was of me and that's why i knew i would win.

I met Sebastian outside while i fanned myself lightly. He dressed in a black suit with matching shoes he looked rather dashing not that he didn't in the butler's uniform. "Lets make one thing clear Selcura, i'm only going for your sake not for the councils" he had told me for the one hundredth time "i know brother i know"

The skeleton horse drawn carriage took us to a grand outdoor ballroom, we had to transport from the human world to the demon world. Everything was black and white we met the Chancellor. "Your invitation?" i handed it to the dull red haired demon "ah Lord and Lady Michaelis welcome" he smiled and we made our way into the party "such a grand party" i sighed out "i just hope my young master will be alright" i rolled my eyes "Sebastian my dear brother, you can call him Ciel while we are here" 

Like i had thought, because i was the most exquisite thing that was eligible a rare thing in this world i had many male demons come up to me and flirt but they backed away when they saw Sebastian. There was one however that was not afraid of him.

The thought of that creepy spider made my skin crawl " My, My, My, Lady Selcura such a wonderful feeling it is to be seeing you again" he picked up my hand and kissed the knuckles "my, my, my, Lord Claude such a disgusting feeling it is to be seeing you again" i shot back at him while wrenching my hand away "Such a fiery spirit, that's what i love about you" as much as i didn't want to he took me on the floor and begun to waltz with me "if you value your hand good sir i would remove it from my rear" i hissed "and if i don't take it off my brother surely will" Claude's hand he claimed had a mind of its own and it rested on my derriere which i had slapped away. 

It was mainly Claude who danced with me the whole night, Sebastian had scared the rest of them away. I glanced at my brother who had a wide look on his face, It was Ciel. He knew his young master was ordering him back and i knew it took "if you don't mind" i jerked away from Claude and ran towards Sebastian "whats wrong?" "Lord Barrymore did the devious trick tonight you were wrong" i looked down if only i knew i thought i did. I felt so ashamed.

We left the ball grounds and appeared back in the human world Sebastian ran towards where Ciel's chambers. I heard Ciel yell at my brother for not being there sooner i noticed a trail of glowing powder. Lord Barrymore explained while they were talking earlier that anyone who interfered would be placed under a curse. A curse of the Demon Hound.

The villagers after there had been sighting of this demon hound wanted Angela to tell Lord Barrymore  about who had been punished. We all went to the where a man was killed and it was the same man we saw earlier. He had a collar around his neck and lots of bite wounds. I held my shawl tighter around the dress i had changed into only the choker was left on.

After everyone had left i felt there was more to this demon hound then Lord Barrymore let on, and by the look on Sebastian's and Ciel's faces they thought so as well.

((Picture of Selcura's ball gown above))