Chapter 13- Into the Abbey

In the early morning i sat with the Queen's butler who was entertaining Tanaka with the tea stalks and apparently since three stayed up it was gonna be a good day. I rolled my eyes when Sebastian and Ciel entered "what are you doing here?" Ciel asked him "why Master Ashe is not only the Queen's manservant but the Queen's personal messenger as well" Sebastian and I said together "sorry for this embarrassing display Lord Phantomhive the Queen sent me with this" he handed Ciel a letter with the Queen's seal on it "but this is no job for a butler" Ciel remarked

"i beg to differ my lord but if i couldn't travel across the country, deliver a simple message on my Queen's behalf then enjoy a relaxing tea break what kind of butler would i be?" After Ashe was done he took a sip of his tea while i groaned, he used what Sebastian usually says only in his own words.

The letter explained that there was an old catholic abbey that was burned down long ago and a cult practicing a different religion has settled there. It was outside of Preston apparently and the Queen wanted Ciel to investigate. We heard banging from the window to see Pluto in human form barking happily and his tongue sticking out looking directly at Ashe.

Me and Sebastian studied Ashe's face and watched as he glared at Pluto making the demon hound whimper sadly and run away "who was that?" I had to admit this guy played innocence like a harp. I knew who he was the moment Pluto recognized him but i didn't say anything in case i was wrong. I was wrong before in Houndsworth.

After Ciel had his tea and cake, we traveled to the good ol funeral parlour, i shuddered at the thought of the Undertaker. We went inside the shop to see the Undertaker's back facing us his voice creepier then usual "i have something to ask of you Undertaker" Ciel told him "well in that case my lord, i want the best loving Bassy can offer!" It was Grell! I so wanted to kill him for his rude trick. He ran towards us and my foot "just happened" to be in the way. Grell tripped over my foot, Sebastian got out of the way and Grell landed face first into the wall that was behind my brother.

To top that all off a skull that was hanging hit the reaper on the head, me and Sebastian looked at eachother and grinned evily. We found the undertaker his body all but the head was put inside a large urn full of salt. "What are you doing in that salt Undertaker?"  i asked shaking my head. What a lovely day this was turning out to be.

"He told me he wasn't afraid of grim reapers so i put him in there" Grell answered for the Undertaker but the loon liked the moisture being sucked out of him which made me roll my eyes for the second time today "What are you doing here anyways Grell?" Ciel asked looking at the other loon

"oh Will gave me a job to do but i was getting tired and finding no clues didn't help, i laid down on the grass next thing i knew i woke up in a coffin" Grell explained "of course it would help if i didn't stop breathing while I'm sleeping but i was waiting for Bassy's kiss"  

"so why are you here exactly?" Sebastian asked not amused by the look of his face "I was investigating the theft of Cinematic Records" we all looked at him even the Undertaker looked serious for once. Next thing we knew we were put inside coffins at Ciel's request "your squishing me Grell" i complained giving him a jab in his side

"well im sorry my lady that these coffins weren't built to comfort the living " "touche" As one might have guessed Me and Grell were in one coffin for obvious reasons while Sebastian and Ciel were in the other. When the wagon stopped everyone but me got out of the coffins while the guard told the Undertaker that they were allowed to.

Their pathetic disguise was funny using just a tree branch, i got out of the coffin when we passed the gates. The Abbey was larger then i thought as we walked to the cathedral part of it while Ciel noticed a mark on the stained glass the same one that had been on the floor in the doll castle. No one really told me why that symbol made Ciel shocked every time, Only he and Sebastian would tell me if they were able to.

A bunch of kids started yelling at Grell saying that he was filthy and unclean and ran away making him chase them only to be met by a young female follower "sorry about them, when one reaches a specific age, they are considered to be unclean" She said "since your new here don't worry you will be cleansed if you follow the teachings" that got Ciel riled up but Sebastian took over "unclean surely you jest my lady, how can someone as beautiful as you be impure?" Sebastian seductively asked "brother what do you think your doing?" i asked him but he wasn't listening as he went towards her. The human woman was blushing and in the end Ciel, Grell and i had to wait outside a stable while Sebastian was being a little gah! I'm not even gonna finish it 

"first time he took this approach" Ciel remarked Grell was growling "grr thats it! that little hussy is going on the to die list!" Grell took out a book and begun scribbling her name down "hey be lucky she is not another demon it would be 100 times worse trust me i know" they both looked at me with shocked faces "how do you know that!?!?" they yelled in unison ", Female demons they gossip all the time about how the males are blah blah blah thats where i get my sources besides hes just merely seducing her like i said if she was a demon it would be a whole lot worse!" i shook my head in disgust

Ciel and Grell were still staring at me with dumb expressions on their faces. We were allowed inside after Sebastian was finished i was starting at him with a glare on my face the whole time the woman was speaking i didn't even hear the words she was saying thats how disgusted i was with my brother.

After we left i stormed away "Selcura!" "what do you want Sebastian? did you really have to seduce that human? i heard stories of our father doing that!" i yelled at him "im sorry sister" "is that all you can say? I can still heard our mother crying! Crying from the exploits of our father maybe that's what killed her heartbreak, she was just like me had human emotions i'm done with this!" I vanished appearing above the Abbey looking down at Sebastian who was hanging his head.

I should explain, yes Demon parents leave their young when they feel like they are strong enough to fend for themselves, it was only my father who left. What Sebastian just did is what our father did to our mother, it shouldn't hurt me but it did. Of course there were days where our father took Sebastian with him on his human female binge. My mother died one night which was hard for us demons to do but possible, she stopped taking the souls father brought back for her she starved herself and faded away.

"i promise to be there when you need me most my brother but for now i cannot be in your company" I took a hotel room in Preston. I looked into the mirror and sighed "William T Spears i need your permission to enter the Cinematic Record Library" i called out to him, he appeared in the mirror a few seconds later "Lady Selcura, odd enough that you would call me but to call me for my permission it must be important" "it is, mainly i know that Angela is actually an angel but my request remains the same will you give me your permission?" i said in all seriousness "your request is granted for a price" Will pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose "whats the price?" i asked "just a little kiss" i groaned and agreed to the price but a little kiss was all he was gonna get.