Chapter 7- The Demon Hound

The next morning after the man's brutal attack, i came across the servants while walking with Sebastian "why so gloomy? just because of what happened doesn't mean we can't have fun here Ive been itching to go swimming" i smiled at them and they perked up.

While at the lake, the only ones who didn't make a splash was Sebastian Ciel (of course) and Angela. Finny wore a blue and white bathing suit that reminded me a little of a sailors top while Bard wore grey and white but Mey rin was too embarrassed at first to come out of the changing room. She eventually came out wearing a long coat that went over the pair of shorts with a little hat on her head it was white with pink. As for me i was wearing a light purple bathing suit that sort of looked like Mey Rin's minus the hat my hair instead was up high like a messy bun with a light purple bow on my head.

"You ok over there Angela? the water is nice and warm" i called out after my hair was soaked seeing Tanaka went ashore and her waving with a smile on her face, i noticed Ciel whisper in Sebastian's ear before my brother left. He probably was sent on an errand or something . We all started eating lunch well the others did. I fed on souls not human food. We saw a bunch of men running passed yelling something about capturing the man called James' dog.

We packed up and got dressed before heading to a place in the shape that reminded me of a collar and chain. Collar and chain? Dog baiting! That is what the Queen wanted Ciel to stop. We saw the dog from yesterday chained up to a brick wall growling at the villagers. This was the dog's punishment apparently because it was the 6th dog James had it had to be punished by the other villagers vicious mongrels. Lord Barrymore watched the punishment take place.

They saw something in its mouth and the men tried getting it out but the poor thing wouldn't relent so they started anyways. The men let loose their own dogs and i couldn't watch when they started attacking it. I looked over at Finny who was staring wide "stop it what you doing is wrong and terrible" i heard him say then Finny snapped "LET THE POOR ANIMAL GO!" he ran over got a pole from the ground and threw it at the attacking dogs they immediately retreated.

"Finny that was foolish of you" i looked at him when we joined him at front the villagers were angry that we had interfered with the punishment and wanted us to be punished as well. Thanks to Finny  we were chained up waiting the dogs to be sic'd on us "release them" Lord Barrymore ordered. The servants were safe the dogs wouldn't of gone after them right aways but Ciel and I we were the main targets. I could easily break the chains but i wasn't supposed to let them see my demon side.

As the dogs were released, i closed my eyes shivering at the feral barking but opened them again when i heard yelping. There stood Sebastian "cutting it kinda close were we brother dear?" i hissed out he had deflected the dogs before we were reached "yes a little too close" Ciel added "sorry Master, my apologies Selcura it wont be a repeat performance i assure you" Sebastian pulled on his glove. "how dare you interfere dogs attack him" barked Lord Barrymore when the dogs tried Sebastian just looked at them and used his power to make them stand down.

I looked at the poor half dead dog beside us after we were unchained while Ciel explained that Lord Barrymore came up with the demon hound to ensure his rules were obeyed. The shadow of the hound was a projection and the phosphorescent powder gave a normal dog the eerie glow of a demon hound. "When other evidence do you have to prove your claims?" Lord Barrymore scoffed, inside one of the dogs mouths that tried to attack us was a skull that was in the Lord's manor and it fit the teethmarks on James' body. Sebastian went over to the dog lying on the ground and placed his hand on its head "you may rest now you have done well" he took a piece of fabric from its mouth, it whined once then closed its eyes. "This you may recognize its the fabric this dog tore off when he tried to save his master from your attack" Sebastian told him