Chapter 12- The Young Princes

I was on a carriage a week later as i was the ony one permitted to come with Ciel and Sebastian to a castle apparently being renovated. It was called Ludlow Castle, Ciel was having it reconstructed and turned into a hotel but  construction stopped on it due to the workers being frightened off by ghosts.

"Such a silly thing to be scared of there is no such thing as" Ciel stopped talking and looked at Sebastian "you seem a little unsure about that my lord" Sebastian mused. I could tell there were signs the builders were here platforms were still set up at the now abandioned castle.

We had gotten inside and i noticed a portrait of two princes, Sebastian explained that 400 years ago King Edward V was confined to the tower of London with his younger brother Richard before his coronation and that it is said the two were eventually murdered by jealous relatives. The door slammed behind us as candle lit themselves "who gave you three permission to enter here?" a ghostly voice sounded "so that is the true ghost, a wandering minstrel scaring the workers away" Ciel concluded "you dare insult me" the ghost appeared before us and i had to gasp it was one of the prince's from the painting Edward V. "Me the king of all England?" Edward told us clearly angry "this castle is where the princes most spent most of their time i suspect their souls are trapped here" Sebastian stated

"It may have been only a few months but he was still our king, i can't change that" Ciel said "what are you two whispering about?" Edward demanded, we all bowed to his highness "allow me to introduce the Right Honorable Lord Ciel Phantomhive and My sister Lady Selcura Michaelis" Sebastian said with great respect to the young king.

Ciel walked up to Edward and bowed kneeling down on one knee before standing up "please forgive my rudeness i wasn't aware that his highness was still living here" Ciel told Edward " your forgiven, i don't get many visitors" Edward stated "i am not a visitor sire my company owns this castle" Ciel looked at the young king "oh so you must be the new caretaker then" i had stayed quiet during this exchange

"Not exactly, If i may be frank your highness i would like you to vacate the premises" what did Ciel think?,Edward wouldn't leave something was keeping Edward here but what i didn't know "your asking the king of England and his brother to leave the very place they have lived for 400 years?" Edward didn't sound happy "naturally, ill compensate you for the trouble" i internally groaned when i said a small blond haired blue eyed boy holding a skull peeking around the corner.

He was staring at me and Sebastian with a happy smile "well, well it seems my brother Richard has taken a liking to your butler and his sister" Edward stated looking at his brother "Sebastian Michaelis is merely my servant and his sister accompanies us" Ciel told Edward "we would have so much fun if we had a butler and a nanny around" Richard stated looking at the skull in his hands me? a nanny? i was a bit insulted but then again, Ciel nor Sebastian stated otherwise my brother merely introduced me as Lady.

"Indeed, they are both odd this may become intresting" Edward smiled. They decided to settle things with a game of chess if Ciel won, the princes would leave Ludlow Castle but if Edward won me and Sebastian were the prizes. We watched the game, Ciel had Edward but he turned a normal chesspiece into a queen and claimed checkmate. 

Without any complaint from Ciel after he almost accused Edward of cheating i went with my brother glancing at Ciel, Richard took my hand smiling happily. I spent the evening reading stories to Richard who had fallen asleep against my shoulder.

Morning couldn't come soon enough, Sebastian was wearing something from the 1600s so i kinda laughed at that. I noticed Richard when i had woken up was gone i found him though watching what Sebastian was doing like ironing and making tea. I made the beds while Ciel was in the library searching for a clue to help the princes.