Chapter 1: The Vanishing Of Will Byers.

.*.

The Hunger is deafening, like a never-ending roar within your ear-drums. Its the only thing you can think of-- if you can call it thinking, it's more like wild thoughts and its so hard to process anything. Your mind clings onto strings of memories but nothing comes.

You dash through the woods, scrambling over logs and twigs, making your escape as hasty as humanly possible. The nightstars drift above you, casting a shade of light among the branches as you run. The first droplets of a storm start falling, you need to get to shelter.

In the trees, slightly out of view is about three beams from flashlights swinging around the woods wildly, sounds of echoing conversation grow closer. You think for a moment, the growling sensation from your stomach hindering critical thinking. All you can think about is your next meal.

You make a mad dash towards the beams, slowly getting closer and closer. Dirt, bark, from the trees scrape against your legs, sending dirt down them, leaving scratches.

You stop, crouched beside a bush. There's loud talking, but the rain drowns out almost every word.

You stalk closer, some of the conversation finally becoming intelligible. "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" A voice from a boy, about your age says, he has dark black hair and a concerned expression on his face.

You step out from behind the bushes, all of the kids turn towards you. Your eyes scrunch as the flashlight beams quickly twist towards your face. "What the Fuck!" Another boy slurrs, his teeth missing. You look around, theres three boys.. and someone else, a female in a yellow t-shirt.

"God damn it! What are we going to do now?" Dustin says, looking between you and the girl.

"We make a retreat back to Mike's house." The other kid responds.

"Back to my house? Why mine?" Mike asks the other boy, the African American boy grins at Mike and places his hands on his shoulders. "Basement." He answers, shaking the boy back and forth roughly.

"Well, we should hurry then. We don't want to get sick. I'll let one of you ride on the back of my bike, Dustin, You let the other one ride yours." The dark haired kid says, thats Mike then, a little smaller then you. Dustin sighs, then points at you. "Come on."

They lead you and the other kid through the woods till you reach three bikes, two lay on the ground while another one is placed against a tree. Dustin grabs his grey, cheap bike from beside the tree and gets on it. He looks back at you and nods.