Chapter 7: The Bite

☆☆☆

"Ten?!" A voice brings you out of the unconscious state you were in.

You open your eyes and watch as the blurry shadows above you look down intensely; You lay on your back, face towards ceiling. As the blur begins to fade you realize Eleven sits over top of you, her nose bleeding heavily.

"Eleven?" You question warmly, wrapping your bloody hand around her face.

She smiles back, tears cascading down her face as she holds your hand in hers. "I'm here." She answers, rubbing her thumb along the back of your hand. For a moment, it's only the two of you.

A drumming sound resonates through your head and a terrible headache stops you from speaking. "What happened?!" Lucas asks, you turn your head to see Lucas, Mike, and Max on their knees beside you, eyeing you cautiously.

"I-" You choke, "I don't know." The memories of The Mind Flayer speaking to you slowly return as the feeling of butterflies in your stomach disappears.

"The Mind Flayer," You add, trying to gulp down any fears.

"The Mind Flayer what?" Nancy questions, You sit up and look around, almost on instinct, to check for Billy.

"He's coming," You finish, You watch as Eleven's face pales even more, now almost a ghostly white. "W-what, do you mean? He knows we're here?!" Jonathan asks, as if he doesn't want to believe it. He looks straight at you, waiting for an answer he already knows.

You gulp again and nod, on cue, a screech pierces the air. It's barely noticeable over the sound of the fireworks from outside, everyone looks around the room, unsure of what to do.

"Hopper.. he has a gun in the shed. From when Will was infected." El says, Nancy turns towards the door. "I'll go get it." She responds.

Nancy opens the door and leaves it open behind her, "Hold on Nancy!" Jonathan yells out, he follows her outside, closing the front door behind him.

"Can you get up?" Will asks you, he stands over top of you, worry in his eyes.

You push against the ground with your elbows to no avail.

"Here." You hear a voice say, You look up to see Mike holding his hand out. You grab it and he pulls you up to your feet.

Lucas walks over to the recliner and begins pushing it to the side of the door, "What are you doing?" Max asks, watching Lucas push the red recliner.

"What's it look like I'm doing? I'm barricading the house." He replies sarcastically, he grunts and leaves the recliner beside the front door, to make it easier to place in front of when Nancy and Jonathan come inside.

Mike shakes his head and begins pushing the wooden wardrobe in front of the window.

"Why don't we just take the car?" You ask, watching as everyone begins to push things in front of the windows.

"Too far, and if I'm honest. I don't want to go out there and be trapped in a small car by some giant Meat Monster." Lucas quips as he places a dusty old wooden bench sideways above the dresser facing the window.