Chapter 8: Battle Of Starcourt

Your vision fades in and out of consciousness.
The only thing you can feel is the parasite wriggling through your leg, which feels as though it's marrowing through your skin almost as if your leg has become a feasting ground for the parasite to eat into.

You shriek out in pain, as does El who's voice sounds closer. You still gaze up, occasionally closing your eyes because of the blinding pain.

"Its my leg! My leg!" She whimpers inbetween in her shouting, you groan in agony as the blood-soaked bandage is peeled off from your skin.

"Holy shit!" Mike exclaims.

"Is there something.. moving?!" Erica questions, you can feel everyone's gaze switch between your leg and El's.

You hear Jonathan groan in disgust before speaking, "Oh my God, guys. Keep them awake, I'll be right back." You listen as Jonathan's sneakers reverberate through-out the Mall as he sprints to find something.

"Move them, like this." Mike says, you hear El groan.

You catch Mike at the edge of your vision, he grabs you under your arms and begins to sit you up. "Dustin, can you hold him up? I got El."

"Yeah." Dustin answers, you feel Mike's arms leave and Dustin's begins to hold you up.

You finally look at everyone, El's face is turned towards you, as though she was trying to see if you were hurt. She can barely hold her eyelids open it seems, Jonathan slides around the corner with a knife in hand and a piece of wood in the other. He gets on his knees and begins to lean over top of El, the knife outstretched towards her leg. He looks up at her face before speaking. "This is going to hurt like Hell, I need you to stay really still."

El groans in pain and barely nods, "Okay.." She whispers.

"Shit.. bite down on this." He hands her the piece of wood and she puts it into her mouth. He sighs and places the knife over top of Eleven's wound as the thing begins squirming around.

He cuts into her skin and you can feel the pure agony behind Elevens screams and sobs. He continues cutting deeper before stopping, he places the bloodied knife beside himself and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a clear, plastic bag, he unzips it and puts his hand inside of it.

He begins digging through El's leg trying to grab the creature. After a few seconds of digging, the pain is enough for El and she spits the wooden piece out. "Stop!" She shrieks, Jonathan quickly retracts his hand. "I can do it." She whispers, she leans forward and outstretches her hand towards the wound.

She yells in pain as the parasite inside of her leg squirms, its slimy body trying to escape El's telekinesis. It slowly begins to come out of the stab wound in El's leg. Eventually it creeps out and begins to hang in the air, everyone eyes it with fear and disgust. It's a smaller version of the tentacle that was biting into your legs.

You feel a sickening feeling as El flings it with her gift, sending it flying multiple feet away. It lands and doesn't move again. El turns towards you, her nose bleeding.

"Holy shit." Dustin murmurs, El sits there waiting for an answer that she already knows.

"Just rip it out." You say, holding back sobs by gritting your teeth. Nancy looks between you, and Dustin. "Hold him down so she can get it out." Nancy says, Dustin's grip tightens and you prepare yourself mentally for the pain about to come.