Chapter 2: Vecna's Curse

"Looks like that Munson boy is up to something again." Max's mother quips, leaning against their trailer door. Max sighs, casting a glance at her hungover mother.

She'd been drinking more and more recently, ever since Billy died and Max's step-dad left her mother had to work two jobs, day and night.

Max steps forward out of the trailer, making her way towards the overwhelming group of police officers. The trailer door sits open as people regularly come in and out.

Stepping closer, Max twists her to head to the left to get a better angle. There, on the floor is a girl; Chrissy? Her leg is bent into different ways, every part of her torso is twisted unnecessarily into the other direction.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be here, please go back inside your home." A small pale, black haired officer says.

It takes Max a moment to register the order and the body inside the trailer, something normal couldn't have done that. Not even a human could have done that unless they were insane.

It has to be something, there's a certain aura, like there was during the Star-Court mall situation. Something sinister is lurking behind the scenes here.

Max runs off towards her trailer, the thoughts weighing heavy on her mind. What can she do?

Ten, where are you?

♡▪︎♡
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Nervous?" You question El, smiling at her in the seat beside you. The airport is jam packed with people spreading throughout the entire airport, the ac cooling some wearing bright clothes from the California shops or others wearing normal clothes.

It makes you nervous, being around such a large amount of people without your powers. Is that insecurity or caution creeping in. Though, El looks happy enough to even be seeing someone from the old group again, even if it is.. Mike.

"No," She responds, still smiling as she eyes the doors. People begin to shuffle out, making their ways in totally different directions. "I am happy." She adds.

There, in the crowd is a tall, pale, Lanky figure wearing a hat and a short sleeved shirt. Mike, it's hard to even believe seeing him again.

"Mike!" Eleven stands up, as do you and Will. Mike walks over to the three of you quickly and wraps you into a hug. "It's been a while, nice to see you guys again."

"Yeah, same here." Will responds, releasing the hug. You all step back, allowing Jonathan to walk forward and give Mike a handshake. "How's it going?" Jonathan questions, bags of black under his eyes.

"Good, you?" Mike responds, letting go of the handshake.

"Y'know how it is." Jonathan says, Mike nods knowingly.

Argyle stands beside Jonathan awkwardly, waiting to be introduced. "This is Argyle." Jonathan says.

"Nice to me-" Mike begins to say but Argyle wraps him into a deep hug, sniffing his shirt.

You laugh out-loud, as does El. "This is fake, don't worry man. I'll hook you up with some strings." Argyle says, smirking.

"We should get going, first, we're going to get some burritos then we'll go to rink-mania." You say, El smiles as Mike walks beside the three of you.