[REUPLOAD] Chapter 2: The Mall Rats

Your POV

You open your eyes and look around uneasily. The quiet is unnerving. Bright orange shines through the blinders, casting shade onto you. You feel a cover wrapped around you, that's when you notice you lay on El's bed.

You roll the covers off and sit up, your clothes from last night are changed from the gray shirt to a dark black one. You don't remember changing.

You stand up, legs shaking underneath you as you stumble towards the door, opening it up you step into the living room.

The entire living room and kitchen is empty. You finally notice; Where is everyone?

Your limbs begin to tire almost immediately. You stumble into the recliner and fall on to it, sweat already begins to form on your forehead. You wipe the sweat from your brows and close your eyes.

Thud!

Thud!

Thud!

You raise your head from the recliner arm, face sweaty and eyes furrowed in annoyance. Someone pounds on the front door to the cabin, you sigh loudly. "Coming." You groan, trying to gather your breath.

Thud!

Thud!

Thud!

"I said I'm coming!" You yell hoarsely, trying to slide out of the chair to no avail. You grunt and push yourself off the recliner as you walk to the window to the right of the door. Who doesn't check who's on their front porch before opening it.

You peek the blinders down and look onto the Porch. Mike, Lucas, and Will stand in front of the door impatiently. "They're taking forever.." Mike says impatiently, tapping his feet on the wooden porch as the sun shines onto his pale skin.

You open the door, revealing yourself. Mike looks at you, as does everyone else. Surprised at the state you're in.

"Holy shit, You look terrible!" Mike exclaims, stepping inside the house. You hold the door open as everyone else steps inside.

"Where is everyone?" Will questions, looking around the house.

"I don't know..." You admit, closing the door.

"It's hot in here, when are you guys going to get an AC?" Lucas inquires, taking a seat on the recliner. He looks over at you as you respond.

"Those cost a lot, don't they?" You question. You try to avoid stumbling to the kitchen chairs.

"Uh. It depends on the one you get. I know Mike only has a fan. Probably why he looks like a wet sponge everyday." Lucas says, Mike flips him off.

"Anyways." Will looks between Mike and Lucas as they laugh. "Are you like- Sick?"

"It's really hot in here. So, I'm not sure whether it's that or the heat in general." You answer, rubbing some of the sweat from your forehead.

"I think the Mall has cooling inside." Lucas looks at you. "If maybe you wanted to chill in there with us." He finishes. You look over at the fridge, where a notepad hangs with a magnet onto it.