Chapter 7: Papa

You shake out of your cold reverie, skin shaking and mind pulsing, with every beat of your heart you can feel the insides of you scrunch against itself, a never ending cycle of pain.

Your hearing is dulled, you take a deep breath in. Standing up, you look around the room hesitantly, gazing at each of the doctor's surrounding you as tears begin to well up in your eyes.

Your knees feel as if they want to buckle, you deny them the right. Why are humans such fragile things? You think to yourself.

"Ten!" A voice calls out, pulling you out of your mind. Eleven runs towards you, dropping into your arms. You lean your head against hers as her nose sniffles before she begins to cry.

"Hi." You respond, she laughs at your choice of words. Her laugh causes you to laugh as well, it's as if it's only the two of you, even while being surrounded by multiple doctors.

"I missed you-" She looks up into your eyes, "Did you? Did you se-'' She begins to question, you nod and tightens her arms.

"I'm sorry." You say.

She looks up at you in confusion, not understanding, "For leaving-" You add.

She smiles, a single tear sliding down her cheek. "It's okay." She responds.

Dr. Brenner and Dr. Owens approach, they had been watching the scene with curious eyes, now they're even more curious after the unusual connection between the two.

"You two are incredible, I- I can't even believe my eyes!" Dr. Owens says in exasperation, looking at you.

Eleven releases the hug, taking her place beside you, gripping your right arm protectively. You stand idly, switching your eyes between the duo.

"Great." Brenner compliments, smirking slightly.

You feel a slight irritation ring through your neck, maybe the sight of Brenner made you angry, or maybe you're just mad at yourself.

You hadn't even realized you'd been dragged out of your regular room, now you stand in front of Project Nina, the gigantic bulk of metal making you grit your teeth in anger.

It's terrible, a reminder of the horrors inflicted on the two of you.

You want to rip it up, out of the metal bindings and crush all of the doctor's, they might have given you your powers back, but at what cost? Your sanity? El's sanity?

You catch yourself, if you did that you'd be as bad as papa, if not worse.

You decide a show of force would be enough to show them what you're truly capable of. Without raising a hand, barely even a flick of the head, the gigantic bulk of metal ascends, dangling above as everyone looks up in excitement, co-workers exchange victory glances, everyone stares at the two of you, waiting for your next words to be heard.

"You--" You try to find the words, the words to express your feelings, they come hesitantly, but they come nonetheless. "You are the monster."

A Doctor's POV

A cigarette burns in his mouth, reaching the edge of his lip. The tension had been high before but now it's loud enough for everyone to hear.