6- an apology text

Nora Farris
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter six- an apology text

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Nora Farris Tuesday, January 15, 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Nora Farris
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter six

                   BY THE TIME I MAKE IT HOME I'M AN ICE CUBE AND ITS NEARLY TEN O'CLOCK. Ever since the accident, I avoided cars at all cost. I could have taken a train, but I didn't feel like being around that many people willingly.

When I open the door, I kick my shoes off quietly and tip toe through the quiet house. "Where have you been?"

Jackie's voice rings through the quiet house, making me nearly jump out of my skin. She sits at the dining room table, sipping on a cup of mint tea, with two sugars and honey. I watch her dip the bag in and out of the water, like I used to as a kid, when I tolerated her.

"Out," I say, trying to make my way through the hall.

"Eleanor, i'm not done talking," She says venom in her words.

I sigh deeply, giving her a side eye. "Yes?" I say trying to make my voice perkier, my attempt at trying to avoid a fight.

"How was therapy, I pay so much for it, the least you can do is tell me how it is," she takes a long sip, not looking away from me. She wears a robe and pajamas. Her long dark curls are pulled back from her face, revealing disappointed and sad eyes.

Jackie was gorgeous, even in a state of depression, I hated to admit it, but she was.

"In case you forgot," I begin slowly, trying to hold my composure. "I did not ask for therapy, I did not ask for anything from you, just...just butt out." I say lowly, getting frustrated.